⚡⚡ WATER, SANITATION & HYGIENE (WASH) & GOVERNANCE COURSE
One of the biggest challenges in the water and sanitation sector in developing countries is the significant gap between policymaking and implementation. This course is about improving WASH governance with a focus on water and sanitation sector policy, institutions and systems that are better able to respond to sector challenges and ensure good governance and sustainable services.
By the end of the course, the participant should be able to;
- Gained knowledge of a number of water reform and governance models and lessons that are relevant for different country contexts.
- Increased knowledge of successful and failed approaches to water reform and governance.
- Create awareness and understanding of water reform and governance principles.
- Understanding how reform can deliver multiple benefits to urban and rural areas, the environment, and communities.
- Improved skills in analysis of governance frameworks and stakeholder engagement.
- Increase capacity to use water governance principles to drive innovative solutions to complex water management issues.
- To develop training programs on water and sanitation governance and how to advocate good governance and best practices.
Practitioners, policy makers, decision makers, scientists, the private sector and water associations, capacity builders, facilitators and trainers to meaningfully support the WASH sector in African countries.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Contextualising WASH services including institutional roles and responsibilities
Contextualising WASH challenges within a locality (district / municipal area)
Understanding what is meant by WASH governance
The policy framework for WASH services
Planning WASH services at the local government level (district/ municipal)
Financing WASH services
Developing WASH infrastructure through the WASH project cycle
Selecting the most appropriate water services provider institutional arrangements
Regulation and monitoring
Factors to ensure sustainability, including transparency and accountability, appropriate technology, dealing with HIV/AIDS, equity and gender mainstreaming, advocacy and communication, capacity building and sector knowledge sharing.
Click on APPLY NOW to view course details and to register
Nairobi, Kenya 02-09-2019 to 06-09-2019 APPLY NOW
Nairobi, Kenya 02-12-2019 to 06-12-2019 APPLY NOW
Kigali, Rwanda 02-09-2019 to 06-09-2019 APPLY NOW
Our mailing address is:
Indepth Research Services
P.O. BOX 104289-00101 Nairobi, Kenya