For more details about this training Click (TRAINING EVENT DETAILS).
Water is a key driver of economic and social development while it has a basic function in maintaining the integrity of the natural environment. Managers whether in government or private sectors have to make difficult decisions to apportion the diminishing water supplies with the ever increasing demands. Drivers such as demographic and climatic changes further increase stress on water resources. The traditional fragmented approach is no longer viable and a more holistic approach to water management is essential. This training is therefore designed to aid in the management of water resources in a more efficient, equitable and sustainable ways.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various Experts in Agriculture; Extension Officers, Agricultural officials and Decision makers working with local people, in governments, donor organization, Non-profit oriented organizations for Agriculture Development programs.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Learn basic concepts in water resource management.
- Gain skills in participatory water management approach.
- Gain skills on water quality, its components, and interventions.
- Understand the causes of water resource conflicts and resolution measures.
- Gain skills on water supply waste management techniques.
Basic concepts in water resources management
- Concepts of water resources management
- Global water trends and emerging issues
- Water for economic development
- Protection of precious water resources
- Cost effective technologies for minimizing water loss
- Water policy and regulation
- Climate change and its impact on water
Module 1: Basic concepts in water resources management
Module 2: Water Supply and Waste Management
Module 3: Water quality management
Module 4: Participatory Watershed Management
Module 5: Water resource use conflict management
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
To register, click (REGISTER),fill in the details, and submit your registration by clicking “process registration”
For further inquiries, please contact us on
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: [email protected]