Event Details Link: Training Workshop on Monitoring & Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
Monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) are part of everyday programme management and are critical to the success of all programmes. MEAL technical quality is very important across a portfolio of projects. Without an effective MEAL system we would be unable to track progress, make adjustments, discover unplanned effects of programmes, or judge the impact that we have made on the lives of those with whom we are working. A MEAL system also helps individuals and teams to be accountable to stakeholders through information sharing and developing a complaints or feedback mechanism which can help to guide programme implementation. This training introduces participants to MEAL concepts and practices. It will stimulate ideas on how to design and implement monitoring and evaluation processes that strengthen accountability and learning, and so promote project, programme and strategy effectiveness.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general training is targeting variety of programme staff, management team members and thematic staff, Project Management Officials, government officials, programme managers; policy makers and programme implementers; development practitioners and activists and NGO and CSO members,
The training will enable participants to;
- Develop an understanding of the basic principles underlying MEAL
- Design and implement MEAL strategies, systems, and frameworks
- Develop and support the use of MEAL tools and practices in program development
- Supporting the development of MEAL work pieces such as program baselines, mid-term reviews and end lines
- Equip participants with an understanding of the major tools and best practices involved in MEAL
- Provide participants effective rules of thumb and a framework to approach methodological issues in MEAL
- Collect data, ensure data quality management and analyses the data
- Understand project reporting by using MEAL
Module 1: Introduction Monitoring & Evaluation
Module 2: Frameworks and MEAL Cycle
Module 3: MEAL Planning and Budgeting
Module 4: Accountability and Learning
Module 5: Baseline and evaluation design and management
Module 6: Survey Planning and Implementation Types of surveys
Module 7: MEAL Data Collection: Mobile Based Data Collection (ODK)
Module 8: Data Quality Management, Tabulation and graphical presentation of data (SPSS/Stata/R)
Module 9: Data analysis and interpretation and use (SPSS/Stata/R)
Module 10: Project reporting through MEAL
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com