This 5 days training will enable to equip the participants with the knowledge to conduct food security analysis using various tools, and to gain insight in the policy issues in food and nutrition security in the endeavor to apply these skills in the development of food security interventions.
At the end of the training, the learner will be able to:
- Gain basic skills in food security
- Understand the national sources of food security information
- Understand and be able to use GIS software in food security analysis
- Explore food and nutrition security context with the use of frameworks.
- Use food security analysis frameworks to assess and monitor the food and nutrition security situations.
- Conduct a community food security assessment; determine a community’s information needs and creating a community food security assessment team
- Study concepts of vulnerability, power, and gender in relation to food and nutrition security.
Module 1: Introduction to Food Security
- Basic concepts of food security
- Causes of food insecurity
- National sources of food security information;
- Agricultural Information systems
- Health Information systems
- Land, water and climatic information systems
- Early Warning Systems
- Market Information systems
- Vulnerability assessment and mapping systems
- Household food security and nutrition information systems
- Food system resilience and indicators
Module 2: Food Security Monitoring System
- Comprehensive Food Security and Vulnerability Analysis (CFSVA),
- Emergency Food Security Assessment (EFSA)
- Joint Assessment Missions (JAM),
- Crop and Food Supply Missions (CFSAM)
- Nutritional surveys
Module 3: Community Food Security Assessment Tool kit
- Food policy analysis tools.
- Agricultural commodity market tools
- Agricultural input prices
- Food security indicator & policy analysis tool
Module 4: Data Collection and Analysis of Food and Nutrition Security
- Collecting food data from households
- Indicators of food and nutrition security
- Calculating Indicators
- Using indicators of food and nutrition security
Module 5: GIS Application in Food and Nutrition Security Analysis
- Data collection
- Reporting food security information using GIS
- Food security early warning systems and disaster monitoring
- Population targeting with GIS and remote sensing
- Communicating food security information with GIS
Module 6: Cross-cutting issues
- Gender integration and in food security programming
- Food sovereignty
- Role of power, gender and the rural poor in food and nutrition security
- Food Security assessment reporting
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
For online registration ,click on this link: http://bit.ly/2kBRviU