Event Details: Drought Contingency Planning Training
Strengthening drought disaster preparedness at global, regional and national is critical to save lives, protect livelihoods and strengthen recovery from disasters and crises. However, significant gaps exist in the many international development systems in the coordination of disaster and emergency preparedness efforts.
These can be addressed by better integrating contingency planning into organizational processes through establishing agreed standards and tools for multi-hazard emergency preparedness.
The training will aid participants in the understanding of:
- What is contingency planning?
- When and how to plan
- Humanitarian reform and the cluster system
- Principles, quality, and accountability
- Data collection and practical steps to prepare for planning
- Vulnerability and capacity assessment (VCA)
- Risk analysis
- Drought Disaster Impacts
- Developing scenarios
- Activation of the plan
- Management: Internal management structure, human resources (including volunteers), assessment, logistics, communications, resource mobilization (including the Disaster Relief Emergency Fund – DREF), media and information
- Coordination: Movement (including international and regional disaster management tools), government, external. Includes humanitarian reform and cluster responsibilities
- Quality and accountability: Standards; principles of response.
- Drought Preparedness gap analysis and action plans
- Standard operating procedures (SOP) in drought management
- Drought Early warning, alert systems, and triggers
- Logistics and programme readiness
- Human resources
- Resource mobilization
- Training and simulation
- Linkages and communications
- Updating and evaluating the drought contingency plan
- Evaluating during (real-time) and after the response
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE
To register online to book your spot, click on this link Online Registration Form
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on the details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: [email protected]
Office Location: Utumishi Co-op Hse, Mamlaka rd, Off Nyerere Rd, Nairobi