Venue: Tech for Development Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 24th to 28th February 2020
Course Fee: KES 60,000.00 or USD 800.00
Tech for Development-T4D would like to invite you to a high impact Training in Data Management and Analysis using Advanced MS Excel to be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 24th to 28th February 2020.
We are an international training, capacity building and tech solutions organization that offers tech solutions, scheduled and tailor-made training and capacity building solutions to individuals and development agencies in Africa and around the world.
We provide our training programs with a capacity-building goal, so as to ensure that, our training programs contribute to sustainable change.
Excel has powerful tools that enable busy users to set up systems that simplify data analysis and interpretation. Effectively using Excel allows users to devote their time more profitably to making decisions about and acting on results, with more effective outcomes.
Participants actively learn through a series of practical simulations which ensures that they maximize their learning and can use the tools immediately when they return to the office. In addition to the practical component, all participants also receive a manual describing all the techniques learned.
Who should attend?
This advanced Microsoft Excel training course is ideal for people wanting to use more complex functions within Excel, including tools for analyzing, linking and exporting data. Participants will need to have attended or be familiar with the basics of Microsoft Excel.
- Protect a workbook and save with a backup
- Understand and use advanced functions
- Consolidate data, link and export data
- Use What-If Analysis tools such as Goal Seek, Solver and Scenarios
- Create and modify PivotTables and Pivot Charts
- Create and modify Microsoft Excel Macros
Topics to be covered
File Protection/ Cell Protection and Circular References
- Attaching a Password
- Modifying a Password
- Protecting Cells
- Circular Error Messages
- The Circular Reference Toolbar
Referencing in Excel
- Absolute referencing
- Relative referencing
- Structured reference
Working with Structured tables
- Why you should use tables
- Elements of an Excel table
- Managing data in an Excel table
- Using structured references with Excel tables
Formulas and Functions
- Function Overview
- Math and Trig Functions
- Financial Functions
- Logical Functions
- The AND Function
- The OR Function
- Nesting Functions
- The VLOOKUP Function
- The HLOOKUP Function
- Concatenating Functions
- Index, offset and Match Functions
- Using Help for Functions
Goal Seek/ Solver/ Scenarios and Linking
- Using Goal Seek
- Saving a Scenario
- Solver Reports
- Adding a Scenario
- Showing Scenarios
- Worksheet Linking
- Workbook Linking
Working with data
- Data Validation
- Data Consolidation
- Importing Data
- Importing CSV Files
- Text Import Wizard
- Exporting Data
- Choosing a Specific Format
- Exporting to Word
- Pasting Data with a Link
- Copying a Graph with a Link
- PivotTable Layout
- Rearranging Data
- Filtering a Report
- Adding Fields
- Field Settings
- Refreshing Data
- Formatting a PivotTable
- Showing Detail
- Create a Calculated Field
- Advanced Data Field Settings
- Creating a PivotChart
- Creating PivotChart Reports from Scratch
- Adding Fields to a PivotChart
- Recording a Macro
- Editing a Macro
- Relative/Absolute Recording
- Stepping through a Macro
- Macro Buttons
- Customizing the Toolbar
- Deleting a Macro
Other useful operation in Excel
- Custom views in excel
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. Applicants must live up to Tech for Development (T4D) admission criteria.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
The training is residential and will be held at T4D Training Centre in Westlands Nairobi, Kenya. The course fees cover the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
We can also tailor-make our courses for you. This way, you/your organization will benefit by:
- Using own tools during the training
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: +254 (0) 729166479
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Number: +254 706909947
The course fee is KES 60,000.00 or USD 800.00 exclusive of VAT. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two (2) break refreshments, lunch and study visits. Participants will cater for their travel and accommodation costs.
Payment should be transferred to Tech For Development - T4D account through bank on or before the course starting date.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
- Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
- No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met
Lennox I. Mucheni
Customer Relationship Officer,
Tech for Development
Innovation for impact