Training Course on Flood Disaster Risk Management In A Changing Climate
Every year across the globe, floods cause the loss of a number of lives and considerable damage to properties, which severely sets back the development process. The climate change, global warming, rapid urbanization and socio-economic disparity are making the world, vulnerable to floods. The need to combat the perennial problem of floods and resultant destruction has been a forefront concern for most nations, which calls for a proactive approach to establishing a disaster risk reduction regime for safer and sustainable development.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is particularly useful for professionals working with flood disaster risk management. The course is open to participants from all countries. Participation of decision-makers, elected and appointed national and local administrators, development and planning authorities, water engineers and flood control professionals, officials in urban planning, housing, public works, and water resource and management is especially encouraged. The course will likewise benefit private land developers, emergency response personnel, UN and other international agencies, and NGOs working on disaster mitigation.
As course participants come from different countries and organizations, class size is limited to 30 people. ADPC will accept nominations on a first-come first-served basis provided the applicant meets the course requirements.
By the end of the training the learner should be in a position to:
• Upon competition of the course, participants will be able to:
• Discuss the dynamics of flood risk in a changing climate
• Evaluate the extent of flood risk and vulnerability, and assess the capacity to respond
• Develop comprehensive strategies for flood risk management in a changing climate
• Apply climate-smart structural and non-structural measures for flood risk mitigation
• Develop preparedness and response plans for effective flood risk reduction
• Integrate flood recovery programs to flood risk management strategies
• Address cross-cutting issues in flood risk management
• Introduction to Integrated Flood Risk Management
• Climate Change and Impending Flood Risk
• Flood Risk Assessment
• Flood Risk Mitigation
• Flood Disaster Preparedness and Response Planning Process
• Flood Recovery Planning & Implementation
Proficiency in use of English language
Meet admission criteria
• The participant must be conversant with English
• Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work.
• Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
• Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
• The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and A Certificate of successful completion of Training.
• Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
• Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
• One-yearpost-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
• Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, so as to enable us prepare better for you
The workshop focuses on processing a population census or demographic survey, but participants are encouraged to bring any questionnaire relevant to their job responsibilities. It will be conducted in a hands-on, product-oriented environment. Each participant will have exclusive use of a computer, a tablet or Smartphone, and will receive the latest version of the CSPro software.
ONLINE TRAINING IS NOW AVAILABLE
START DATE: 08/13/2018
END DATE: 08/17/2018
APPLY ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2v1V0AE
START DATE: 08/27/2018
END DATE: 08/31/2018
APPLY ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2v0vNXb
Postal Add: 5402-00100
Email Add: [email protected]
Mobile No: +254724527104
Head Office: Comet House 1st floor 12A, Along Monrovia Street