Training Course on Closure Works
The course will help you prepare a safe and solid plan to get a gap closed, both in case of emergency as well as in case of a pre-planned operation. In case of emergency closures, action is often taken based on panic. Very often these actions aggravate the situation, instead of resolving it. For planned closures of inlets the time pressure (and panic) by virtue is less, but as these works are often bigger and more comprehensive, mistakes can have a huge impact and lead to risky situations.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
This course is primarily geared towards working professionals. There are no formal admission requirements, but it is assumed that sufficient knowledge about hydraulic engineering is present. Especially a basic knowledge of tides is essential.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- to design a simple closure work and to set-up the detailed programme for the design of a more complicated closing work…
- Take the appropriate steps leading to a successful closure on short term.
- Make a detailed plan and select the optimal closing strategy.
- Draft the detailed requirements for the contractor…
- Get an emphasis on preventing accidents, injuries, and other adverse organizational events.
- Control hazards, manage risks, and maintain proactive safety management programs.
· Introduction to Hazard Control
· Safety Regulations, Standards, and Organizations
· General and Physical Plant Safety
· Managing Hazardous Materials
· Biological Hazard Control
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
COURSE Training Center: Datastat Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: 7/22/2019
End Date: 7/26/2019
Fee: Ksh 80000, $900
EMAIL: [email protected]
TELEPHONE : +254724527104