Training Course on Climate Change and Agriculture
There is a rapid change in climatic conditions in recent decades which have resulted to several negative effects on human activities and development especially in agriculture and the environment. There is little awareness and understanding of the changing world in the rural areas where majority of agriculture and rural development activities are carried out. Officers involved in agricultural and rural development activities do not have adequate capacity to inform and manage issues resulting from climate change.
This course will equip the learner with the necessary knowledge and skills in managing the effect of climate change for the development of agriculture and the environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The targets people working in governments, funding agencies, and research and development facilitating non-government and Civil society organizations. It is also suitable for business owners and representatives from organizations that support extension services and/or seek to enable an environment in which businesses can flourish.
At the end of this training, participants should be able to:
- Explain the concept and effect of climate change in agriculture development projects.
- Identify factors responsible for climate change.
- Communicate the existing and potential effects of climate change to the agricultural stakeholders in their country or region.
- Apply GIS and remote sensing techniques for decision making in climate change control.
- Understand the mitigation and adaptation strategies for managing the effects of climate change.
- Understand modern agro-meteorological techniques and methods for climate change adaption and mitigation in agriculture.
- Gain skills in scaling up climate smart agriculture.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Climate change in agriculture
- Factors affecting for climate change
- Effects of climate change to the agricultural stakeholders
- Mitigation and adaptation strategies for managing the effects of climate change
- Modern agro-meteorological techniques
Proficiency in use of English language
Meet admission criteria
The trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach such as presentations, group work, guided sessions of practical exercise and web based tutorials.
COURSE Training Center: Datastat Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: 1/07/2019
End Date: 1/11/2019
Fee: Ksh 80000, $900
APPLY ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2RBDOvO
EMAIL: [email protected]
TELEPHONE : +254724527104