Training Course on Child Centered Disaster Risk Reduction
Child centered disaster risk reduction (CCDRR) is a process to strengthen community’s resilience. Children become activists and mobilize community through influencing individuals, peer groups, and other stakeholders towards the achievement of resilience in communities in times of disaster. CCDDR complements to national action plans for children through empowering children and community as whole towards disaster risk reduction. The training is aimed at ensuring children are put at the center of the CBDRM process which thus ensures their active participation in disaster risk reduction by allowing them to start the risk identification process while simultaneously validating their findings with adults.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is particularly useful for government officials responsible for disaster risk reduction policy and planning, national development planning, land-use planning, local development or finance; representatives of national forums on the Millennium Development Goals; and related agencies.
The course will also benefit development professionals from development agencies (e.g., UN agencies, bilateral and multilateral agencies and nongovernmental organizations), working closely with government agencies on issues related to development policy, planning, and programs.
By the end of the training the learner should be in a position to:
By the end of the training, participants will familiarize themselves with among other concepts:
- Child Centered Community Development (CCCD)
- The relationship between Development and Disasters
- An understanding of CBDRR and its alignment with CCCD
- An understanding of the work process of CCDRR
- Community organization
- Institutional strengthening and alliance building on DRR
· Introduction of Child Centered Community Development (CCCD)
· Development and Disaster
· Mainstream model of disaster risk reduction and development
· Children’s contribution throughout disaster life cycle
· Understanding CBDRR and its alignment with CCCD
· Capacity building training for child activists and potential adult
· Community risk assessment
· Community Organization
· Institutional strengthening and alliance building on DRR
Proficiency in use of English language
Meet admission criteria
The trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach such as presentations, group work, guided sessions of practical exercise and web based tutorials.
COURSE Training Center: Datastat Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: 1/07/2019
End Date: 1/11/2019
Fee: Ksh 80000, $900
APPLY ONLINE: https://bit.ly/2SyrOLG
EMAIL: [email protected]
TELEPHONE : +254724527104