Africa Centre for Project Knowledge & Techniques (ACPKT) in collaboration with Shama Consult Africa is offering the SPHERE STANDARDS IN PRACTICE FOR HUMANITARIAN RESPONSE TRAINING COURSE. ACPKT is a Training Centre, Knowledge Hub and Techniques Resource Portal in SPHERE Humanitarian Standards, Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation in the humanitarian sectors in pursuit for excellence and success in all kinds of humanitarian projects endeavors. The Training Institute runs training programs in Kenya, South Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Congo, Nigeria, Gambia, Sierra Leone and trains over 6000 development and humanitarian professionals in the last 15 years.
We have trained many development and humanitarian staff from international and local NGOs, Development Agencies, Ministries and Governments such as Doctors with Africa CUAMM, Compassion International, French Embassy Kenya for Humanitarian Projects, Arche Nova International, Biovision Africa Trust, CARE International, Forum Syd, HIVOS, LAGA Cameroon, MEDAIR, Action Aid, European Union’s National Authorizing Office (NAO) Support Unit (SU), Ministry of Internal Security and National Coordination in Kenya and Ministry of Finance, Planning & Economic Development in Uganda.
Training Course Description:
The SPHERE Handbook presents a principled approach to quality and accountability in humanitarian response. This training course will equip training participants with knowledge and skills in practice of the SPHERE standards in humanitarian response. The course will therefore provide an introduction to the SPHERE Handbook to equip training participants with the principles of humanitarian response, the Humanitarian Charter, Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS), the Protection Principles and the technical standards in the four sectors of WASH, food security and nutrition, shelter and settlement, and health. The overall objective of this training course is for the practical application of the SPHERE Handbook in actual humanitarian situations. The course will therefore numerous practical exercises practical application of the SPHERE Handbook in actual humanitarian situations. The mode of training will be online.
Training Course Objectives:
- To introduce the SPHERE Handbook by equip training participants with the principles of humanitarian response and defining the rights of people affected by crises and disasters.
- To discuss the value of the Sphere Handbook principles and standards in supporting a high-quality and accountable humanitarian response.
- To equip training participants with knowledge and application of the Humanitarian Charter, The Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) and the Protection Principles.
- To describe how to use the Sphere Handbook’s technical chapters in key areas of humanitarian work in the four sectors of WASH, Food Security and Nutrition, Shelter and Settlement, and Health.
- To demonstrate how to use the Sphere Handbook in the field and office in the interventions of Humanitarian Response.
Training Course Methodology:
The training methodology will be a combination of lectures, didactic exercise, videos, role plays, group discussions and question and answer approaches.
Who Should Participate?
- Technical Advisors, Program Managers, Project Managers, Program Officers, Project Officers in the field of humanitarian response.
- People with further professional experience in humanitarian response but with no or little knowledge of the SPHERE Handbook.
3 Full Days
The course fee information will be sent to you once you register on the below registration link.
To register your interest in this training workshop and receive detailed information on the training workshop, click this link: https://forms.gle/3gBQPuYV9WfiBABb7
Contact us via email: [email protected]
Contact us via Telephone or WhatsApp:
Ms. Milkah Nganga
Africa Centre for Project Knowledge & Techniques
Telephone: +254 745 605 527
WhatsApp: +254 750 913 412