Position: S/NFIs ERT Officer (01 positions)
Reporting to: Project Manager
Contract duration: 4 months
Location: Roving (different locations within South Sudan)
Expected start month: 2018/ as soon as possible
Introduction: INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Overall Project Objective: INTERSOS S/NFIs Emergency Response Team aims to:
• Provide up to date assessments (triangulating service mapping, needs and risk assessments) in hard-to-reach locations defined in collaboration with SNFs Cluster,
• Provide life-savings S/NFIs suppoort through short-term response,
• Provide CBI support to IDPs and Vulnerable beneficiaries to help them meet their needs in S/NFIs.
Main objective: The ERT officer will work under the overall supervision of the Project Manager and in close cooperation with the rest of the project team. The ERT officer will support the Project Manager in the overall management of the Emergency responses missions and he/she will assist the Project Manager in the reporting of the activities to partners and cluster.
• Conduct NFIs needs and market assessment, using quantitative, qualitative and participatory methods that ensure community involvement and GBV risk analysis. (FGDs, individual interviews, observation, key informant interviews, household survey).
• He/ she will ensure timely reporting of weekly and monthly reports, mission reports, activity reports (dialogues, FGDs, distribution reports) training reports and Assessment reports to the S/NFIs project Manager.
• Conduct mobilization and sensitization activities on CBI and S/NFIs interventions, identify S/NFIs gaps and lead Focus Group Discussions (FGDs), key informant interviews and visual observations and come up with community based sustainable solutions.
• Engage focal points or key community informants (representative sample of leaders, community mobilisers, caregivers and PTAs that includes a representative snapshot of the AGD breakdown of the population per locality) in assessments, and establish awareness/info sessions on key protection concepts, referral pathway, role of women, power imbalances in the community, social stigmas.
• Assist the Project Manager in organizing and carrying out implementation and monitoring missions in the field locations and lead the missions when the Project Manager is not present;
• In collaboration with the project manager conduct trainings for the partner staff, the government staff and other community stakeholders.
• Represent INTERSOS with local authorities, beneficiaries, suppliers and other interested stakeholders when the Project Manager is not present;
• Documentation of successful stories
• Ensure accountability in carrying out financial and administrative tasks as per INTERSOS procedures;
• Develop good relationships and coordination with service providers and community stakeholders to improve identification and provide adequate referral information;
• And carry any other duty as assigned by your supervisor
• Applicant should have a minimum of Degree in Business administration, Education, or similar discipline
• At least 3 year of working experience in S/NFIs sector, good understanding of S/NFIs needs and cluster procedures.
• Good M&E and reporting skills;
• Fluency in English and local language required;
• Computer literate (Word, Excel);
• Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
• Good cooperation skills, ability to work well both independently and in a team;
• Good creative problem solving and social skills;
• Stress-resilient to be able to cope with deadlines and complex problems;
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
• Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases;
• Sensitivity towards the protection and well-being of vulnerable beneficiaries.
HOW TO APPLY
Before you apply, we suggest you to review the announcement and, if you meet the minimum requirements, you can submit your resume (CV) and cover letter before November 19, 2018. Please make sure that you have stated the position title of the post on the subject of application. Applications without mentioning the position title will not be considered. You can drop your application and CV in person at the gate of INERSOS South Sudan Mission, Plot n. 43 AXII Second class at Hai Cinema, Juba, South Sudan; or through email [email protected]. Remember to include your contact details, especially the mobile phone we can reach you on. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
In the selection of its staff, INERSOS is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion.
For all positions, females are highly encouraged to apply
Note: The applicant should cover all travel costs if he/she is invited for exam or interview.