Result based monitoring and evaluation helps observe the results achieved throughout the project term. This five-day course focuses on bringing in accountability of monitoring and evaluation for ensuring project completion on time within budgeted costs.
- Recognizing the elements for the planning of Monitoring and Evaluation systems.
- Identify national and firm projects and programmes to be implemented
- Identify the different stakeholders and their roles.
- Define key results and develop a logic model to show how they are connected.
- Develop indicators and obtain data.
- Design a system to gather, store, transmit and use information.
- Anticipate and overcome challenges
- Identifying the critical attributes of well-formulated Assumptions that can be monitored.
- Plan a monitoring and evaluation instrument
- Develop evaluation questions that address stakeholders needs
- Effectively communicate monitoring and evaluation data.
- Use the developed monitoring and Evaluation for effective policy implementation
The training is intended for: Project managers, Project coordinators, Senior project Analysts, Senior Project Officers, Economists, Policy Planners, Donor Coordination officers, Development Consultants and Officers and Development Project Officers in Government
- Introduction to RBM – Monitoring and Evaluation(RBME)
- RBME Conceptual framework
- Understanding how organisation-level M&E differs from project-level M&E.
- Analysing the main features of a results-based M&E system.
- Identifying the six stages of building or reforming a results-based M&E system.
- Comparing your organisation’s existing approach to a results-based M&E system
- Monitoring and the project cycle
- Purpose of monitoring
- Knowing the Results Chain
- Undertaking a Readiness Assessment
- Linking Project to programme and national strategies
- Preparing the Logical Framework for Monitoring and Evaluation
- Using and understanding the Logical Framework for project design, monitoring and evaluation
- Formulating indicators and using baseline data
- Undertaking Stakeholder Mapping and Analysis
- Tools for Result Based Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Designing the system and preparing to implement it
- Planning for implementation
- Developing organizational structures and processes to make optimal use of M&E data.
- Tools for collecting data and engaging stakeholders
- Monitoring Activities, Outputs, Assumptions and Stakeholder responses
- Data capture and recording
- Review monitoring templates
- Who, how and when to collect monitoring data
- Formative and Summative Evaluation
- Preparing the Narrative Report
- Reporting project progress and findings
- Post project evaluation
- Mainstreaming project results
- Database Management
- Action Planning
To register for the training click on this link