SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN)
Country South Sudan
Procurement Title Recruitment of three (2) Seed production technical assistants to assist farmers and farmer groups at the community level produce high-quality seed from a diverse crop selection
Procurement Ref. RASS-RFQ-2022-0056
Services Consultant services (Individuals)
Publication Date June 06, 2022
Submission deadline June 13, 2022 at 5:00 PM CAT
USAID’s four-year (2021-2025) Resilience through Agriculture in South Sudan (RASS) Activity will improve food security and community household recovery and resilience in 13 target counties, reducing long term reliance on humanitarian assistance. To achieve this ambitious aim, RASS will employ a resilience pathways approach to improve the effectiveness of local systems and strengthen the capacities of community groups to achieve gender responsive and diversified market-sensitive production; facilitate increased production of diverse nutritious foods by strengthening productivity, reducing food loss, and improving nutrition behaviors; and strengthen and expand household and community opportunities for sustainable, locally driven livelihoods. RASS targets graduating communities from high integrated food security phase classifications to low IPC acute food insecurity and support a change from a focus on humanitarian assistance to inclusive development assistance and economic growth.
DAI/RASS hereby invites individual Consultants eligible to provide consultancy services as County engagement specialist. Individual consultants are invited to submit their application. The period of performance is expected from July 1, 2022, and end on October 31, 2022. DAI will award a contract as follows:
County Number of consultants Estimated Number of Days for Completion
Wau 1 32 days per consultant
Jur river 1 32 days per consultant
Total 2 64 days
Applicants must have the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
• A Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate/Diploma in Agriculture/Agronomy or Seed production
• Atleast years of field experience in seed production and a good understanding of the associated procedures, processes, and regulatory issues in seed production, conditioning, treating, packaging, and warehouse/storage.
• Knowledge of and experience working with different community-based seed production models like farmers’ unions, cooperatives groups, organized out-growers, farmer entrepreneurs, etc.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment to inspire communities to succeed
• Knowledge of English written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of local language for effective communication with farmers
This RFQ is open to qualified national individual Consultants from Wau and Jur River wishing to participate in the DAI/RASS activities.
Further details on consultant services, qualifications and eligibility criteria are provided in the RFQ document attached herein. Interested Individual Consultants may seek clarifications regarding this RFQ by e-mail to [email protected].
Interested Consultants are invited to submit their Application: CV and past performance references in separate files to be sent all at once using the forms included in the RFQ documents to DAI/RASS at [email protected] only with the email subject «Consultancy Services for Seed production technical assistants» no later than June 13, 2022 at 5:00 PM CAT
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone number: +211-926084907
RFQ for STTA .pdf (4.2 MB)