Organizer: Foscore Development Center (www.fdc-k.org)
The course provides a platform for participants to gain a comprehensive understanding of the pros and cons of Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), and the mechanisms to successfully implement PPP in a developing country. Participants will also study the relevant organizational structures, effective regulation, enabling legislation, and risk management techniques necessary for well-designed procurement approaches and timely financing for PPP projects, while achieving the objectives of affordability and value-for-money for all stakeholders.
Who Should Attend
This training is suitable for anyone with a general interest in PPPs and desire to increase their understanding about PPPs. The course provides insight into key concepts and issues in developing, procuring and implementing PPPs.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Identify how to establish and sustain partnerships by communicating a common mission.
- Describe the importance of public-private partnerships to emergency preparedness and planning.
- Identify roles and responsibilities in public-private partnerships.
Topics to be Covered
- What are partnerships?
- The drivers, societal roles, mindset and challenges of each sector
- Understand the current landscape, and how this affects your organization
- The core principles of partnering.
- Policies and regulatory frameworks for PPP developments
- Strategic issues for partnerships
- Make the case for partnering: what do you want to achieve and why?
- The practical and resource implications
- Explore partner’s objectives of the partners and facilitate understanding of yours
- Defining the partnership structure
- Managing a PPP relationship
- Setting up and managing the partnership
- Build trust with key stakeholders, by navigating leadership and cultural issues
- Interest-based negotiation
- Partnership agreements
- Crisis management risks, reputation and what you need to be aware of.
- Working in a partnership environment
- Understand the dynamic partnership ‘black box’
- Practical case studies applying techniques learnt
- The role of monitoring and evaluation techniques.
- Review of the case study - learning and reflection
- Consolidating the learning with the techniques and tools
- Using coaching and mentoring in partnerships
- Developing an action plan for your return to work
- Case studies and examples of successful and failed PPP projects
All our courses can be Tailor-made to participant’s needs
The participant must be conversant with English
Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore Development Center certificate (FDC-K)
Training will be done at Foscore Development Center (FDC-K) in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participants within east Africa and more than twenty participants all over the world.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus five-hour adventure drive to the National game park.
Payment should be done two weeks before commence of the training, to Foscore Development Center account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.