Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF – Doctors without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 60 countries around the world. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
Contract: 6 months fixed term contract renewable
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the project area including management of staff, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and the mission’s pharmacist and Medical Coordinator’s guidelines, in order to ensure the proper management and supply of drugs and medical devices
Scope of responsibilities:
- Participating actively in the definition and update of the annual planning and budgets of the pharmacy activities in the project.
- Supervising the functioning and organization of the project central pharmacy and other peripheral units, setting the protocols and procedures to be followed by all staff
- Defining storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols
- Giving support in the ordering and supply process of medicines and medical devices.
- Ensuring, in cooperation with the project logistic manager, proper maintenance of cold chain and storage conditions and that classification and organization of medicines and medical material meet MSF protocols.
- Ensuring the collection of data for monitoring and surveillance of optimal quantity/quality of medicine use.
- Supervising, coaching, motivating and evaluating all the pharmacy staff under his/her responsibility
- To define, if needed, training opportunities for the medical staff.
- Carrying out all the reporting tasks associated to his/her field of action and responsibility
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes of the staff under his/her responsibility.
Education: MANDATORY Bachelor in Pharmacy + medical council registration + permanent licence for practice
Experience: MANDATORY 2 years of demonstrated experience as Pharmacist -as Hospital Pharmacist is a plus
Experience in MSF or INGO’s in developing countries is a plus
Languages: Mission language, English mandatory.
Knowledge: MANDATORY computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
South Sudanese candidates should submit their application with motivation letter, CV, scan of Pharmacy diploma and national ID to MSF Switzerland HR department’s email [email protected]
Before 30th July 2021 by 5:00pm.
Please mention PROJECT PHARMACY MANAGER in the subject title of your email.
Qualified women and people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and applications will not be returned.
No money is ever asked throughout the MSF recruitment process.