Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
To Register for the course click : https://bit.ly/3Bl0Ptu .
Accountability in ones place of work has been defined as the means by which individuals and organizations report to a recognized authority and held responsible for their actions. Accountability is promoted through transparency and performance is promoted by responsive project management decision making.
The programme is intended to equip personnel in the field of monitoring and evaluation within the public sector, and the private sector on implementing programmes with a high level of accountability. At any time, organizations have projects under implementation and in therefore there is need for people with relevant training to oversee implementation of the programmes. This post graduate Diploma programme is important to any personnel who are mandated with the responsibility of overseeing any project that is under execution.
The management or donor in the project would want to see how the implementer’s of the program put into use the funds at their discretion. Monitoring ensures that the management is constantly supplied with information on the progress of a project and take timely decisions to ensure that progress is maintained according to schedule. Evaluation aims to determine whether the project objectives set in terms of expected outputs, effects and impact are being or will be met.
Successful completion of this qualification should enable the student to:
- Apply relevant theories and concepts in the fields of management, leadership, finance, human resources and strategy to solve complex problems in a public sector setting.
- Manage the conceptualization and implementation of strategies, policies and plans in a public sector environment with due regard to national and global contexts.
- Promote ethical decisions on complex institutional issues with sensitivity and awareness of consequences in an autonomous manner.
- Collect, interpret and process data and information in order to make informed decisions.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Concepts
- Leadership, Ethics and Governance
- Project Management
- Social Research Methods and Statistics
- ICT for Project Management
- Emerging issues in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Statistics and Computing
- M&E and Entrepreneurship
- Financial accounting in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Social Audits and Assurances
- Principles of Conflict Resolution
- Research Project (Practicum)
a) The Entire course Duration is one Year (2 semesters)
b) Candidates shall be expected to Submit 10 Assignments (Continuous Assessment test) that Account to 70 % of their Work and a Project Paper at the Tail end of the course, which accounts to 30 % of the course Work.
Mode of delivery of the proposed programme
Applicants should click on the following link and fill out their details : https://bit.ly/3Bl0Ptu
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT