Africa Training Institute is pleased to announce a Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation (PGD M&E) Course.
To register for the course, click on : https://bit.ly/3Bl0Ptu
Overall Course Overview
Accountability in ones place of work has been defined as the means by which individuals and organizations report to a recognized authority and held responsible for their actions. Accountability is promoted through transparency and performance is promoted by responsive project management decision making.
The programme is intended to equip personnel in the field of monitoring and evaluation within the public sector, and the private sector on implementing programmes with a high level of accountability. At any time, organizations have projects under implementation and in
therefore there is need for people with relevant training to oversee implementation of the programmes. This post graduate Diploma programme is important to any personnel who are mandated with the responsibility of overseeing any project that is under execution.
The management or donor in the project would want to see how the implementer’s of the program put into use the funds at their discretion. Monitoring ensures that the management is constantly supplied with information on the progress of a project and take timely decisions to ensure that progress is maintained according to schedule. Evaluation aims to determine whether the project objectives set in terms of expected outputs, effects and impact are being or will be met.
- Explain the different Monitoring and Evaluation conceptual approaches and frameworks
- Develop knowledge and critical thinking skills to be able to design and evaluate workplace programs
- Build your expertise, confidence and credibility to positively impact your workplace program
- Design country/ site-specific monitoring flow process based on organizational structure e.g. single country office, field office or regional office
- Design and implement a monitoring and evaluation work plan for a country/ site program, taking into consideration donor requirements.
- Design systems to manage and use data and provide feedback to appropriate staff
- Identify methods for overcoming barriers to effective monitoring and evaluation
The Following are the Key Thematic Areas Participants Will Cover:
- Monitoring and Evaluation Concepts
- Leadership, Ethics and Governance
- Project Management
- Social Research Methods and Statistics
- ICT for Project Management
- Emerging Issues in Monitoring and Evaluation
- M&E Entrepreneurship
- Financial Accounting in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Social Audits and Assurances
- Principles of Conflict Resolution
- The Entire Duration is one year (2 Semesters)
- Candidates shall be expected to submit 10 Assignments (Continuous Assessment Tests) that account to 70% of their Final Grade, and a Project Paper at the tail end of the course which accounts to 30% of their Final Grade.
Mode of Delivery
Online / Distance Learning
Applicants should fill out a detailed Application form and send it back via e-mail to [email protected]
General Course Contact
The Academics Manager,
Africa Training Institute Studies (ATI)
E-mail: [email protected]