Procurement, Logistics & Supply Chain Management Online Training.
The Africa School of Project Management (ASPM) was established in the year 2000 in Kenya. The school was formed to address capacity building needs among development partners, donor organizations, Government agencies, and International and private sector firms in Africa.
The school has been pivotal in capacity building in South Sudan, South Africa, Botswana, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Congo, Somalia, Gambia, Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda. The school has trained over 12,000 staffs.
The development and implementation of carefully crafted strategies for the acquisition of all materials, goods, equipment and services has become a critical issue in all organizations wishing to reduce operating cost while improving quality and productivity. This training seminar explores key concepts forming the basis of procurement and supply chain management and moves through leading edge issues that confront organizations today.
This course will cover the principles of procurement management, which is acquiring products and services needed for the project from outside the project team. The Procurement Management processes from the PMBOK® Guide will be reviewed including inputs, key tools and techniques, and outputs. Typical procurement activities will be described from the make-or-buy decision to contract award to contract closure. The key elements that should be included in a procurement management plan will be presented. The stages of a contract negotiation will also be reviewed. This course will review key contract terminology, selection criteria and the key elements of a contract. The types of contracts that can be used will be reviewed including variations of fixed price, cost reimbursable, time and material. Selecting the correct contract type and dealing with contract risks will also be covered. This course includes multiple exercises to allow delegates to practice the course concepts.
The overall goal of the training is to increase effectiveness, efficiency and transparency in the procurement process of participants in their daily work and – in general – at their place of work. Specifically, the delegates are expected at the end to be able to:
Participants attending the training will:
· Understand the evolution in Procurement
· Discuss the inputs, outputs and processes of the system
· Develop meaningful performance measurements
· Learn the necessary conditions to be taken on all four levels
· Gather new insights into developing logistics and supply chain to achieve competitive advantage
· An increased understanding of the impact of logistics and supply chain management on costs and financial performance
· Appreciation of approaches and frameworks that can be applied to different market segments
· Reviews of the latest thinking on supply chain strategy, planning and execution
Who Should Attend?
The course is recommended for the following;
· Buyers, Procurement/Purchasing Managers and Supply Chain Analysts
· Junior Buyers wanting to take the next step in their career.
· Professionals in Procurement/Supply Chain management.
· Anyone who frequently handles Procurement functions.
· Also suppliers, service providers, logistics, consultants and those in finance departments with an interest in procurement.
Course Main Modules.
· Seeing Procurement as a Dynamic, Interactive System
· The System Approach vs. the traditional Functional Approach
· What is the goal of Procurement?
· Developing the Strategic Procurement Plan
· An overview of the procurement process
· Procurement as part of the Supply Chain
· Developing the Strategic Procurement Decisions
· Make/buy decision
· Vertical integration
· Alliances and partnerships
· Inter-company trade
· Reciprocity and counter trade
· Supplier strategy
· The coordination strategy
· The Purchasing organization
· Implementing the Tactical Procurement Decisions
· Supplier involvement
· Value analysis
· Quality Assurance
· Supplier selection
· Supplier rating and ranking
· Contract management
· IT systems and e-Procurement
· Policies and procedures
· Staffing the Procurement Department
· Dealing with Operational Procurement Decisions
· Selecting the most appropriate ordering process
· Addressing quality issues
· Follow up
· Overdue orders
· The payment process
· Reducing the cost of procurement: small value purchase orders
· Contingency Procurement Decisions
· The different contingency situations
· Contingency management
· Procurement Performance Measurement
· Spend analysis
· Total cost of ownership
· Supplier performance measurement
· Understanding Logistics and the Supply Chain
· Definitions of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
· History and the Development
· Understanding the Supply Chain dynamics
· International and Global Logistics
· Supply Chain Operations Reference Models (SCOR)
· The Theory of Constraints (TOC)
· Transportation Economics
· The Role of Transportation in Logistics
· Management Key Decisions
· Types of Mode or Intermodal System
· International Commercial Terms in Transportation and the Liabilities
· Documentation in Transportation
· Hazardous Materials Transportation
· Performance, Risk and Warehouse Management
· Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
· warehouse Management:
· Role in the Supply Chain
· Equipment Selection
· Supply Chain Risks:
· Exchange Rates
· Procurement in Supply Chain
· The Difference between Procurement and Purchasing
· What is the role of Procurement and Purchasing?
· Support Operational Requirements
· Manage the Procurement Process and the Supply Base
· Develop Strong Relationships with Other Functional Groups
· Team Roles and Responsibilities
· Inventory Management
· Statistics in Inventory Management
· Financial in Inventory Management
· Selective Inventory Control Management
· Understanding Inventory Status
· Reducing Excess and Obsolete Inventory
· Improving the Organisations Logistics and Supply Chain
How to Register
Kindly drop us mail at [email protected] or apply through the online form www.aspm.co.ke