Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 08th – 12th January 2018.
Despite all efforts undertaken both nationally and internationally, poor nutritional status is still a fundamental cause of most non-communicable diseases and shortened life-span. The nutritional assessment and survey is done to obtain information about the prevalence and geographic distribution of nutritional disorders within a community or a specified population group. It can also be used to identify high-risk groups and to assess the role of different epidemiological factors in nutritional deficiency.
There are mainly two software programs used in nutrition assessments and surveys; ENA and EpiInfo. ENA analytical program has automated functions for sample size calculations, sample selection, quality checks, standardization for anthropometry measurements, and report generation with automatic analyses. It facilitates survey planning, data collection, analysis and reporting with the ability to generate automatic standard tables and graphs for anthropometric indices and plausibility check reports. On the other hand, EpiInfo contains a module for making questionnaires and has much more sophisticated statistical functions. The two software can also be combined to ENA/EpiInfo software which combines the advantages of both systems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This is an intermediate course targeting participants with basic knowledge of Nutrition. It is recommended to project officers’ implementing nutrition projects, researchers, epidemiologist and students.
By the end of the training, participants should be able to:
• Understand the importance of nutrition assessments and survey
• Understand the basic anthropometric techniques application and reference standards
• Gain a general knowledge of how to install and work with ENA software
• Gain a general knowledge of how to install and work with EpiInfo software
• Program data entry forms
• Produce automated analyses of key mortality and nutrition indicators
• Conduct automated plausibility and data quality checks
• Generate reports that include results of these automated analyses.
• Install and work with ENA/EpiInfo Software
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Introduction to ENA Software
• Introduction of EpiInfo Software
• ENA/EpiInfo Software
• Working With ENA/EpiInfo Software
View related courses
• Installation, Use and Management of OPENHDS and ODK Course
• Introduction To Occupational Health and Safety Course
• Climate Change and Human Health Course
• Nutrition and Food Safety Course
• Introduction to Health Systems Management Course
The most popular courses
• Corporate Social Responsibility Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
• Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
• Knowledge Management Course
• Result Based Monitoring and Evaluation Course
View course catalogue in Health and Social Care Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 5th January 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]