The Africa School of Project Management (ASPM) was established in the year 2000 in Kenya. The school was formed to address capacity building needs among development partners, donor organisations, Government agencies, and International and private sector firms in Africa.
The school has been pivotal in capacity building in South Sudan, South Africa, Botswana, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Congo, Somalia, Gambia, Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda. The school has trained over 12,000 staffs.
The development and implementation of carefully crafted strategies for the acquisition of all materials, goods, equipment and services has become a critical issue in all organizations wishing to reduce operating cost while improving quality and productivity. This training seminar explores key concepts forming the basis of procurement and supply chain management and moves through leading edge issues that confront organizations today.
This course will cover the principles of procurement management, which is acquiring products and services needed for the project from outside the project team. The Procurement Management processes from the PMBOK® Guide will be reviewed including inputs, key tools and techniques, and outputs. Typical procurement activities will be described from the make-or-buy decision to contract award to contract closure. The key elements that should be included in a procurement management plan will be presented. The stages of a contract negotiation will also be reviewed. This course will review key contract terminology, selection criteria and the key elements of a contract. The types of contracts that can be used will be reviewed including variations of fixed price, cost reimbursable, time and material. Selecting the correct contract type and dealing with contract risks will also be covered. This course includes multiple exercises to allow delegates to practice the course concepts.
The overall goal of the training is to increase effectiveness, efficiency and transparency in the procurement process of participants in their daily work and – in general – at their place of work. Specifically, the delegates are expected at the end to be able to:
Participants attending the training will:
· Understand the evolution in Procurement
· Discuss the inputs, outputs and processes of the system
· Develop meaningful performance measurements
· Learn the necessary conditions to be taken on all four levels
· Gather new insights into developing logistics and supply chain to achieve competitive advantage
· An increased understanding of the impact of logistics and supply chain management on costs and financial performance
· Appreciation of approaches and frameworks that can be applied to different market segments
· Reviews of the latest thinking on supply chain strategy, planning and execution
Who Should Attend?
The course is recommended for the following;
· Buyers, Procurement/Purchasing Managers and Supply Chain Analysts
· Junior Buyers wanting to take the next step in their career.
· Professionals in Procurement/Supply Chain management.
· Anyone who frequently handles Procurement functions.
· Also suppliers, service providers, logistics, consultants and those in finance departments with an interest in procurement.
How to Register: Kindly apply through the following link or drop us mail at [email protected] or through. Online Application Online Application