Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Promotion Programming
The Africa School of Project Management (ASPM) was established in the year 2000 in Kenya as a membership based proffesional management organisation. The school was formed to address capacity building needs among development partners, donor organizations, Government agencies, International and private sector firms in Africa.
The school has been pivotal in capacity building in South Sudan, South Africa, Botswana, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Congo, Somalia,Liberia,The Gambia, Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda. The school has trained over 12,000 staffs who are involved in different projects and also conducted surveys, evaluations and research in different projects and businesses in Africa.
- The participants of this diploma in WASH will be able to:-
- Describe the significance of environmental health at community level
- List the environmental risk factors involved in the transmission of communicable diseases
- Explain the basic components and purpose of environmental health planning.
- Describe the main categories of environmental health hazards.
- Explain the basic principles of pollution management.
- Describe the criteria that are used for evaluating the effectiveness of personal hygiene application
- Describe the technologies available to provide safe drinking water in urban settings and the main challenges associated with them.
- Describe how water emergencies can be managed, including the treatment, storage and handling of drinking water in the home.
a) Introduction to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
b) Water and Sustainable Development
c) Introduction to the Principles and Concepts of Hygiene and Environmental Health
d) Environmental Health Hazards
e) Personal Hygiene
f) Healthful Housing
g) Institutional Hygiene and Sanitation
h) Important Vectors in Public Health
i) Introduction to the Principles of Food Hygiene and Safety
j) Food Contamination and Spoilage
k) Foodborne Diseases and the Investigation of Disease Outbreaks
l) Food Protection and Preservation Methods
m) Hygienic Requirements of Foods and Drink Service Establishments
n) Hygienic and Safety Requirements for Food of Animal Origin
a) Introduction to Water Supply
b) Water and Public Health
c) Water Sources and their Characteristics
d) Water Pollution
e) Water Treatment Technologies for Large-scale Water Supply
f) Operation and Maintenance of Water Treatment and Supply Systems
g) Distribution, Leakage and Illegal Connections
h) Water Safety Plans
i) Duties and Responsibilities of Water Utilities
j) Household Water Collection, Treatment, Storage and Handling
k) Efficient Use of Water
l) Monitoring Water Quality
m) Financing Urban Water Services
n) Water Emergencies and Emergency Water Supply
a) Characteristics of Urban Communities
b) Environmental Pollution and Health
c) Existing WASH Service Provision
d) Stakeholders in Urban WASH
How to Register.
Kindly drop us mail at [email protected] or apply through the online form…