Intex Management Institute offers Online and Distance Learning Certificate Course in Monitoring and Evaluation from:
Start Date: 15th July 2020
Course End Date: 15th September 2020
Registration Deadline: 14th July 2020
Monitoring and Evaluation
Monitoring is an ongoing task to tract progress against planned tasks. Monitoring aims at providing regular oversight of the implementation of an action in terms of input delivery, work schedules targeted outputs. The data got through monitoring is used for evaluation.
Project Evaluation represents a systematic and objective assessment of ongoing or completed projects or programs in terms of their design, implementation and results. Evaluation deals with strategic issues such as program/project relevance, effectiveness, efficiency in light of specified objectives as well as project impact and sustainability.
The aim of this course
This will equip you with the necessary knowledge to collect, tabulate and interpret data and information in an organized manner which will guide management decisions in M& E process.
The course content will cover the following:
- Concepts of monitoring and evaluation
- Problem analysis
- Result based management
- Monitoring and Evaluation readiness assessment
- Monitoring and evaluations Frame work
- Types of framework
- Selecting indicators
- Outcome statements
- Data collection, capture and quality checks
- How to define data quality, quantitative and qualitative methods and data analysis
- Techniques for monitoring and evaluation
- Preparation and implementation of monitoring and evaluation
After completing the course the learner will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of monitoring and evaluation
- Appraise and determine best fit monitoring methods
- Appreciate evaluation in the context of development work
- Understand the framework of analytical categories of evaluation
- Undertake a problem analysis
- Determine relevant indicators and data necessary for evaluation
- Prepare for and implement a monitoring and evaluation process
- Develop a data indicators grid
Who should attend
M & E Officers, Project accountants, finance managers, project officers and managers, project planners and analysts, Audit staff and anyone interested to improve their Monitoring and Evaluation skills in NGOs and the private sector.
Intex Management Institute was registered in 1983. We have been offering a wide range of Human Resource Management training programs both online and open workshops, building capacity to enhance effective service delivery for NGOs, CBOs, Public and Private sector.
We have trained and currently training participants from various organizations across Africa such as UNDP - Burundi, World Food Programme - Zimbabwe, SOS Children – Somalia, and specifically organization from South Sudan are State Ministry of Education, MEDAIR, Norwegian Refugee - Liberia, Zenab for Women Development, Action AID, Caritas, International Organization for Migration, International Committee of the Red Cross, UNHCR, Save the Children, Medical Corps, Peace Relief Development, World Vision, Action Against Hunger, UNICEF, Plan International, Norwegian Refugee Council, Johanniter International, Islamic Relief Worldwide, Peace Relief Development , AMREF, World Health Organization, USAID, International Committee of the Red Cross, Action Africa Help (AAH) International, Catholic Relief Services (CRS) just to mention but a few.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
**Course Duration: 8 weeks (2 months) **
Course Fee: USD 300
Contact: Email: [email protected]