Event: Mobile Data Collection using KoboToolbox.
Venue: Tech for Development, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 23rd to 25th October 2017.
Course fee: KES 45,000 OR USD 660.
Online registration: Register here.
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WORKING IN:
Impact Evaluation, Monitoring and Evaluation, Academic Research, Market Research, Field Research, Agriculture, Health, Education, WASH, Handicapped, Human rights, Emergencies/disasters, Advocacy, Education, Environment, Small business development, Community development, Rural development, Women, Youth, Population, Rehabilitation, Culture, Capacity Building, Appropriate technology, Income, generation, Private sector, Refugees/displaced.
Data collection has always been an integral part of development work. In the past, this task was performed with paper and pen, which made it prone to error, difficult to conduct on a large scale, and high in transaction costs.
ICT tools such as mobile devices and software that allows users to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real-time, have reduced the conventional challenges associated with remote data collection.
If you have always wanted to learn how to collect, manage and analyze project data using mobile devices, this training course is for you.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training course is suitable for anyone who is interested in learning how to collect and manage project data using mobile devices.
The course will introduce participants to tools and techniques for rapid data collection using innovative mobile data collection tools.
At the end of the course, participants will become familiar with ICT tools and technologies to conduct data collection, extract data for analysis and map collected data using a mapping software.
This course will equip participants with the skills they need to:
- Author digitals surveys/forms.
- Deploy surveys to an online server.
- Collect data using mobile devices.
- Host data on an online server.
- Visualize data online.
- Extract data for analysis
- Use geopoints collected to produce maps.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction to mobile data collection.
- An overview of similar platforms.
- Managing mobile data collection exercises.
- Best practices.
- Mobile Data collection using KoBoToolbox
- Introduction to KoBoToolbox.
- Digitizing/building forms.
- Different data types/types of questions.
- Questionnaire logic/skip patterns/validation criteria.
- Deploying forms for data collection.
- Downloading, installing and configuring Kobo Collect.
- Collecting data in the field with mobile devices.
- Extracting data from hosting platform for analysis and mapping.
- Using GPS data collected to produce maps.
- Hand-on Exercises.
- Presentation of course project by participants.
- Action plan.
This scheduled course can also be tailored for your organization. To find out how our tailor-made training can help your organization, call our team on Tel: +254 706909947, +25429166479.
How to participate
Register as individual.
- Mobile Data Collection using KoboToolbox 13th to 15th November.
- Mobile Data Collection using KoboToolbox 11th to 13th December.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 706909947, +25429166479
Email [email protected]