Venue: Indepth Research Services, Mombasa, Kenya.
Event Date: 25th- 27th June 2018.
The concept and role of microfinance for the social uplifting and rural development is well known. Micro financing involves the provision of financial services such as saving, loans and insurance to poor people who are unable to obtain such services from the formal banking system. Successful microfinance operations demonstrate that the poor repay their loans and are willing to pay higher interest rates if they can access credit. The poor also save, and hence, microfinance should provide them savings facilities. Attaining financial viability and sustainability is, however, a major institutional challenge. By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
Understand the special challenges of rural areas that are traditionally associated with rural and agricultural credit directed to the poor.
Build a deeper understanding of the fundamental issues of rural finance.
Have skills in conducting a rural and agricultural portfolio assessment and loan analysis – applying 5 C’s in rural finance.
Be familiar with several innovative models and alternate ways of offering rural finance services.
Gain skills in conducting seasonality analysis, preparing cash flows, assessing risk and appraising loans.
Develop an understanding of new and innovative loan products and savings approaches for agriculture and rural areas.
Gain awareness of sources and reference links to further information and support for addressing future challenges in the application of financial services in rural areas.
For More Information
Need a detailed course outline? Please request through [email protected].
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- ICT for Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Course
- Microsoft Excel for Human Resource Professionals Course
- Microsoft Excel for Health Care Professionals Course
- Advanced Excel Course
- Microsoft Access Training Course
The most popular courses
- Agriculture, Innovation and Technology Course
- Foodborne Illness and Food Hygiene Course
- Qualitative Data Management and Analysis with NVIvo (Concept & Approaches) Course
- Proposal Preparation Using the Logical Framework Approach Course
- Shelter & Settlement Planning Course
- GIS and remote sensing in multi hazard early warning systems Course
For any registration of 3 or more participants, we offer a discount of up to 25%.
Click here now to register
For further inquiries email [email protected] or contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817,
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer Email:[email protected]. Mob: +254 715 077 817
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B . 18th June 2018
Send proof of payment to [email protected]