Are you an experienced and qualified Logistics Manager? Tearfund South Sudan has an exciting opportunity for a professional and qualified Logistics Manager Career Break Cover as part of our Senior Management Team.
The Logistics Manager (LM) is responsible for the logistics function in a Tearfund South Sudan programme. The LM manages the logistics staff at the programme head office plus at the project site with the responsibility for setting up and implementing a coordinated logistics function in support of the programme. Covering supply chain, asset management, transport, communications, IT and office/accommodation infrastructure, the LM ensures policies and procedures are known and complied with. As part of the programme’s Senior Management Team, the LM contributes to strategic decision-making and shaping the overall strategy of the programme.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Degree and/or appropriate equivalent qualification. Associated Technical qualification (e.g. electrics) and further qualifications in humanitarian logistics will be an added advantage
- Full clean driving licence
- Proven technical (sector specific) logistics experience
- Proven driving experience appropriate to the programme
- Management of technical equipment including radios, satellite phones, generators, IT
- Proven experience in the management of staff
- Project budgeting and management
- Proven experience working to compliance levels of international donors
- Working knowledge of good logistics practice standards in: SPHERE, Humanitarian ,Accountability Partnership, People In Aid and Red Cross Codes of Conduct, health and safety at work,cross-cultural/overseas work experience working with government bureaucracy and Proven NGO work experience will be an added advantage
- Leadership and management
- Organisational and administrative
- Negotiation and representation
- Analytical and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Computer literate, able to work efficiently in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to lead, participate and facilitate in collective staff prayer and bible studies
- Training and mentoring skills,radio and satellite phone troubleshooting,electrical power generation troubleshooting, off-road driving (4x4, winching) training skills, IT software troubleshooting and local language skills will be an added advantage.
Personal qualities required
- Emotionally & spiritually mature and team player
- Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
- Commitment to accountability to beneficiaries, showing dignity and respect, and demonstrating listening and understanding
- Flexibility, ability to remain calm under pressure and willingness to travel and live in basic conditions
- Networking and people developer and motivational qualities will be an added advantage
If the above describes you then please have a look at the Job Description attached in the advert.
The position is based in Juba, South Sudan with frequent travel to our various field bases in South Sudan.
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs. The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, persona
Approved Job Description - Logistics Manager (1).PDF (2.2 MB)
l identification information will be submitted against a watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter terror-terror measure.