JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Our Vision for every Child’s life in all its fullness, our prayer for every heart and the will to make. World Vision is currently seeking qualified South Sudanese National to fill the following position.
Job Title: Project Officer(1 Position)
Duty Station: Gogrial Town
Deadline: 22nd February, 2017 at 5:00pm
Purpose of the position:
The Project Development Objective of LGSDP is “to improve local governance and service delivery in participating counties in South Sudan”. Key results include: (a) more inclusive and participatory local planning, implementation and accountability processes that also address local drivers of conflict; (b) improved county government functionality and capacities through ‘learning by doing’; © a more predictable and transparent system of transfers to country governments; and (d) expanded access to services in counties covered by the Project.
The Project comprises of four interlinked components: (i) block grants to counties for Payam Development; (ii) community engagement; (iii) institutional strengthening; and (iv) project management support which are described below
The Project Officer is the lead technical focal point for Local Governance and Service Delivery Project in the assigned county. He or she works closely with the Project Manager and government counterparts in the delivery of the project, supervises Social Mobilizers, lead in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on project progress.
• To serve as the World Vision South Sudan lead technical focal point on the Local Governance and Service Delivery Project in the assigned County
• Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly plans and status reports documenting the progress of project activities
• Facilitate boma and payam community engagement activities planning processes and the development of action plans and priority at both boma and payam levels with content and format as specified in relevant LGSDP and GRSS Manuals;
• To oversee, manage, supervise and build the capacity of Social Mobilizers and Government partners in the project.
• Facilitate training of payam and boma development committees on community engagement approaches and design strategies to ensure participation of all members of the community in the project.
• To work collaboratively with Community Mobilizers and Boma Resource Persons, and other World Vision staff at Payam and Boma levels to ensure that the community is adequately engaged in the planning processes and the understand the concept
• To facilitate effective monitoring and documentation of the LGSDP implementation in World Vision Sudan and document best practices of community engagement and planning.
• To facilitate empowerment of communities to be able to participate in planning, implementing, and monitoring of development projects within their areas.
• To establish Payam and Boma Development Committee and build their capacities in order to perform their roles effectively
• To coordinate with County Administration and other civil society organizations in the county
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• Bachelor Degree in Social Science, Development Studies or a related field.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience from community engagement projects/activities;
• Computer literate and fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Language; this job involves a lot of interaction with the community and Dinka is the predominant language spoken in Gogrial West County (former). Dinka language skills are therefore preferred for this position. Arabic skills will be an added advantage.
• Ability to ride motorcycle is a MUST and you should have a valid riding license/permit.
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
• Must be flexible to live and work in challenging contexts including spending nights in the field if required.
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Work environment: S/he may be required to spend nights in remote locations
• This position is based in Gogrial town. S/he may be required to support activities in other locations in Warrap (former Warrap State).
• Travel: the work involves over 60% travel to the field
N.B: This position is only open to South Sudanese Nationals.
N.B: Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
APPLICATION & DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications which include the cover letter, together with an updated CV with at least three referees with their telephone contact addressed to The Human Resource Manager, World Vision South Sudan
Applications can be submitted either online to this email [email protected] or hand delivered to World Vision Office in Juba. Plot N*1, Block BX 2nd Class, Hai Cinema (next to MTN, Hai Cinema),
(Please indicate on all your documents the position you are applying for)
Closing date for receiving applications is: February 22nd 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and documents once submitted will not be returned to the candidates.
The candidate finally selected should comply with the child protection policy applied in the Organization.