FineResults Research Services would like to invite you to high impact training on Dairy Value Addition for Food Security Course to be held in Nairobi from 22nd – 26th June 2020
Course Name : Dairy Value Addition for Food Security Course
Venue : FineResults Research, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date : 22nd – 26th June 2020
Course Fee : KES 65000 or USD 800
Registration : REGISTER HERE
In Africa, dairy sector has a potential for rural development, poverty reduction and food and nutrition security. Although there has been a strong interest from policymakers, investors and also re-structuring of dairy value chains, dairy sector potential is still underexploited partly because of a number of production, marketing and trade constraints that hinder its development. Farmers therefore receives low prices when production is high and high prices when production is low.
This negative price fluctuation is particularly because of their dependence in weather for their dairy production. Value addition can help stabilize prices, increase Kenya’s exports and promote rural sustainable development. This five (5) days course aim to offer knowledge on value addition of raw milk by producing a wide variety of processed products, to increase the return above the base price of raw milk.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand various concepts in relation to dairy value addition
- Understand the importance of maintaining hygiene, milk packaging, milk storage and transportation to providing quality dairy products.
- Understand how food safety practices begin in the farm and carry through milking & post-milking handling.
- How to reduce losses (both physical and in market value) between milking and consumption.
- Learn various value addition techniques
- Understand how to ensure food safety and learn appropriate handling technology for dairy products taking into consideration the available technology of the locality or country.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Definition of Milk Quality and Safety
- Understanding of ongoing public and private sector efforts in the dairy sector on milk quality and safety
- Opportunities of milk quality and safety
- Sources of milk contamination
- Why milk gets spoilt quickly
- Milk hygiene and equipment
- Improvised milk coolers
- How to make various products from milk at home
- Ice cream
- Pasteurized fresh milk
- Risks posed by unsafe milk traded
- Innovations for improving milk quality and safety
- Understanding the regulating food safety standards that are in place
- Field trip- Visiting smallholder farmers who are doing dairy value addition
NB: We are offering you a half day, fun and interactive team building event!
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us through Mobile: +254 732 776 700 / +254 759 285 295 or Email: [email protected]
Payment should be transferred to FineResults Research Services Limited bank before commencement of training. Send proof of payment through the email: [email protected]
How to participate
Email: [email protected]
TEL: +254 732 776 700 / +254 759 285 295
Visit our face book page
Visit our LinkedIn page
Visit our twitter account