Indepth Research Services would like to invite you take a course in Introduction to Statistics 2:Inference And Association.This course provides an introduction to statistics for those with little or no prior exposure to basic probability and statistics. Once you have completed this course you will be able to apply statistically valid designs to basic studies, and test hypotheses regarding proportions and means.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND ?
Anyone who encounters statistics in their work, or will need introductory statistics for later study. The only mathematics you need is arithmetic.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Calculate a confidence interval for a proportion
- Conduct an A-B test
- Calculate the correlation coefficient and test its statistical significance
- Fit a simple regression line via least squares
- Use the regression equation for predicting
- Fit a multiple regression model
- Distinguish between explanation and prediction in regression
- Assess regression model fit (R-squared, goodness-of-fit, RMSE)
- Interpret regression coefficients
- Explain the use of k-nearest neighbors for prediction
- Use a hold-out sample to assess performance of models
HIGHLIGHT OF TOPICS COVERED
- Confidence Intervals for Proportions; 2-Sample Comparisons
- Correlation and Simple (1-variable) Regression
- Multiple Regression
- Prediction; K-Nearest Neighbors
Do you have a large team or department you would like to upskill?
Our learning advisory team will assist in tailor-making your learning pathway and monitor the progress of the team as well as provide you with regular feedback. Learn more
For any enquiries, feel free to engage us at [email protected] or contact us on (+254) 715 077 817 or +250 789 621 067
Indepth Research Services