Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 18th - 22nd December 2017
While most of us know that good nutrition is essential in helping us feel our best and reach our optimal health; finding time to eat a balanced diet on a daily basis seems a formidable task in this fast-paced affluent society. The good news is that by taking charge of your diet, you can improve your health while reducing your risk of lifestyle diseases such as heart disease or cancer.
Good nutrition is therefore one of the keys to good health. This five day training is aimed at developing healthier communities by filling in the gaps between nutrition and health.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for various actors in the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Public Health Officers, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities & other Development programmes.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of the basic principles of nutrition and how they relate to overall health and exercise performance.
• Understand the impact of lifestyle on health, and the ways one can modify lifestyle to affect disease or promote health.
• Establish nutrition disorders, prescribe therapeutic diets, and provide preliminary counseling on specific nutrient needs.
• Implement health maintenance and preventive nutrition care.
• Use medical nutrition remedies (such as nutrition assessment methods, behavioral counseling) for personal self-care where desirable.
• Create and evaluate a comprehensive educational and instructional nutrition tool or a care plan program using appropriate technologies.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
• Basics of nutrition
• Water, sanitation and hygiene in community food systems
• Food safety practices and general requirements
• Cross-Cutting issues in health and nutrition
• Monitoring and Evaluation of nutrition health interventions
• Technology application in health and nutrition promotion
View related courses
• Advanced Training Course on Fire Safety and Fighting Marshal
• Food Safety and Hygiene Management Course
• ICT For HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting Course
• Introduction To Occupational Health and Safety Course
The most popular courses
• Agriculture, Innovation and Technology Course
• Nutrition and Food Safety Course
• Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
• Result Based Monitoring & Evaluation Course
• Contingency Planning Course
• GIS and Remote Sensing for agricultural resource management Course
View course catalogue on Health and social care Institute.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020. Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: [email protected] Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 11th December 2017. Send proof of payment to [email protected]