Organizer: Foscore Development Center (www.fdc-k.org)
Gender equality and empowerment is considered a critical element for development. This course is designed to prepare participants for a variety of careers where specialized knowledge is required related to the integration of gender considerations into policy making, project design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Gender mainstreaming is an international strategy to achieve gender equality in all aspects of society. Many governments in developing and developed countries have endeavored to implement this strategy. This course aims to provide participants with a comprehensive knowledge of gender mainstreaming and gender analysis. It draws on best practice and case studies from around the world. As well, it provides the opportunity to focus on a specific policy area (such as public health, education, economic management, or human resources) or for participants to employ this knowledge in their own workplace through an action research topic.
By the end of the course, the participant should be able to;
• · Have explored the intrinsic relationship between gender and development
• · Be able to integrate gender into contextual analysis, and to use gender analysis frameworks effectively
• · Be better equipped to integrate gender into strategic and operational planning
• · Have acquired methods of creating gender awareness within development practice
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Gender advisers, development practitioners with an interest in gender mainstreaming, gender focal points
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Basic concepts on gender mainstreaming
• Current development context. Gender Equality in the SDGs and 2030 agenda
• Global commitments to Gender mainstreaming
• Rationales for gender mainstreaming
• What is gender mainstreaming?
• Multiple strategies for applying gender mainstreaming. Why no one size fits all solution is possible?
• Added value of gender mainstreaming
Gender integration framework and Sensitization
• Engaging men and boys
• Overcoming resistance
• Applying gender mainstreaming (individual work)
• Tools for gender mainstreaming and analysis
• Applying gender mainstreaming (small group work)
• Gender analysis and gender planning tools
• The impact of gender inequality on economic growth and sustainable development;
Communication in gender
• Sexual-based barriers to communication;
• Body language
• How to create the right image
• Dealing with media; and communication secrets of great leaders.
Gender Mainstreaming in Institutions
• Gender mainstreaming in key organizational components. Opportunities and challenges
• (Organizational culture; Human resources; Staff accountability and incentives for gender mainstreaming; financial resources and budget)
• Nontraditional institutions
Gender Mainstreaming in Public Policies
• Gender Analysis
• Design, implementation and evaluation of public policies
• Gender responsive budgeting
• Gender responsive policy - making and budgeting
• All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
• The participant must be conversant with English
• Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
• Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
• Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
• Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
• The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
• Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
• One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
• Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park, in Nairobi.
• Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
• For any enquiry at:[email protected] or +254712260031