Are you an experienced and qualified Gender and Protection Officer? Tearfund South Sudan has an exciting opportunity for a professional and qualified Gender and Protection Officer
Gender.pdf (3.0 MB)
The Gender and Protection Officer will be based in Uror,Duk and Twic East office to support the implementation of gender and protection programmatic activities. He/she will integrate gender transformative approaches and mainstream protection concerns into all phases of project activities to ensure economic empowerment, social and gender justice. The post holder will support project team members in ensuring sex, age, and disaggregated data (SADD) in project activities and support protection issues and concerns in field activities. The role requires strong facilitation skills along with the ability to communicate and analyse complex information with partner organizations, staff, and the community.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in Gender Studies, Economics, Humanitarian and development studies, Social Work or other relevant course
- NGO field experience in a similar position: programme support,
- Proven experience in implementing SGBV and Protection in humanitarian context.
- Experience working with GBV survivors and integration of Gender-Sensitive Approaches.
- Delivering capacity building, support and advice to others
- Experience in documentation of success stories and case studies in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Proven experience working in insecure and remote environments.
- Project implementation experience.
- Knowledge of Sphere/GBV Methodologies and Tools.
- Working in insecure environments.
- Excellent English language, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative capacity
- Excellent community mobilization skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong interpersonal and team ski
- Computer literate
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in gender and protection mainstreaming.
- Demonstrates safeguarding and informs transparent decision-making.
- Report writing skills
- Able to ride a motorbike (with driving/riding permit ) will be added advantage
Personal qualities required
- Committed Christian who recognises Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour
- Committed to Tearfund’s Mission, Values and Beliefs.
If the above describes you then please have a look at the attached and do apply!
The position is based in Uror Duk and Twic East – Jongiel State
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs. The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter terror-terror measure.