Gender and Protection Manager –Juba, Central Equatoria State,South Sudan
Are you an experienced and qualified Gender and Protection Manager? Tearfund South Sudan has an exciting opportunity for a professional and qualified Gender and Protection – Juba, Central Equatoria State,South Sudan
The Gender and Protection Manager is responsible for coordinating the sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and protection projects and providing technical support and ensuring gender and protection are mainstreamed in all projects implemented in the country programme. As such, he/she coordinates and manages the planning and implementation (if stand-alone projects exist) and monitoring of SGBV project activities, manages the sector staff team and supports Area Coordinators in the production of internal and external narrative and financial reports.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Degree or Master in development or related field (or equivalent level of knowledge)
- Experience of working in SGBV, including specialist in work on gender and masculinities.
- Experience and proven track record of working with young people.
- Experience of working overseas and across cultures, in conflict / post-conflict settings.
- About 5-7 years of experience of working in the Development and Humanitarian Aid sectors
- Strategic planning
- Programme and strategy development
- Development of project proposals
- Experience in research and experience in needs and gender assessments
- Donor liaison
- Collaboration and partnerships with key
- sector stakeholders.
- Experience of working in South Sudan.
- Successful management of donor funded projects.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong project management skills
- Strong people management skills
- Proposal writing skills
- Budget development and management
- Good IT skills for project management
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to deliver tasks to deadline
- Good networking skills
- Good team working skills
- Skills with social media
- Training and mentoring skills
- Media skills
Personal qualities required
- Committed Christian with a personal relationship with God
- Christian motivation in relation to injustice and serving those in need
- Confident communicator
- Good time management
- Team player
- strong organisation skills
- Able to work independently
- Flexibility, ability to remain calm under pressure
- Willingness to travel and live in basic field condition
- People developer and motivator
If the above describes you then please have a look at the attached and do apply!
The position is based in Juba, Central Equatoria State,South Sudan
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs. The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter terror-terror measure.
East and Central Africa
- Job Category:
International Relief & Development (Outside UK)
- Contract Type:
- Closing Date:
12 May 2023