Venue : Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date : 18th – 22nd June 2018
Food-related illnesses affect tens of millions of people and kill thousands each year. A foodborne illness is caused by eating or drinking a contaminated food or beverage. The training course on foodborne illnesses and food hygiene at IRES- Kenya is dedicated to inform, educate and improve preparedness, response, and prevention of foodborne diseases within both the governing and industry workforce. Well informed food handlers provide safer foods, understand their responsibilities clearly and may improve the outcomes of the business, by reducing food waste and liability.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Food handlers in various institutions such as; hotels and restaurants, schools, factories and food processing industries and food inspectors
By the end of this training participants should be able to:
- Describe what is meant by “foodborne illness and list various examples
- Describe the desirable knowledge and skills available in a foodborne outbreak investigation team
- Describe what HACCP and come up with HACCP plan
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene during food handling
- Discuss healthy ways to buy, prepare, cook, and preserve food
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction to Foodborne Illness
- Investigation and Reporting of foodborne illness
- Introduction to HACCP
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Pest Control
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Health Education and Promotion Course
- Basic Fire Safety Course
- Training Course on Introduction to Health System Management Course
- ICT for HIV/AIDS Surveillance and Reporting Course
- HIV/AIDS Prevention, Control and Management Course
- Installation, Use and Management of OPENHDS and ODK Course
The most popular courses
- Food Security Analysis Course
- Database design and development Systems for Researchers Course
- Mobile Data Collection and Mapping for M&E and Scientists Course
- Microsoft Excel for Agriculture Professionals Course
- Human Rights Leadership Development
- GIS and Remote Sensing in Environmental management, EIA and Audit Course
- The Art of Networking Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020 . Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer. Email: [email protected] Mob: +254 715 077 817 Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 11th June 2018. Send proof of payment to [email protected]