Farmer field school (FFS) is a group-based learning process that brings together concepts and methods from agroecology, experiential education and community development. It also involves regular field observations and group analysis. It is a major undertaking towards the realization of sustainable agriculture as it helps farmers make their own locally specific decisions about crop management practices. Special group activities encourage learning from peers, and strengthen communicative skills and team building. This training course is therefore intended to help participants to design and implement Farmer Field Schools as an extension practice to promote organic farming and agricultural productivity.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various actors in Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture.
At the end of the training, the learner will be able to:
- Understand well the concept of FFS and have skills to implement it.
- Learn new technologies in agriculture.
- Incorporate technologies of FFS according to local conditions.
- Select and apply appropriate weed, pest and disease management practices for both animal and plant production in an organic farm.
- Select appropriate organic management systems for different organic farms.
- Gain skills in cross-cutting issues in FFS.
- Gain skills in the climate change and agriculture.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com