Organizer: Foscore Development Center(www.fdc-k.org)
This course will discuss the importance of document and record management processes. It will equips participant with the requisite skills and knowledge to effectively manage information using modern ICT tools, techniques and applications
Who should attend?
Compliance Officers/Managers, Information Security Managers, Records Managers
Information Managers, Operations Managers, Knowledge Managers, Administrators
Components, legal obligations and international standards for electronic document and records management systems (EDRMS)
Management of electronic information
Delivering information at the point of need
structure and implementation of records retention schedule
Development an EDRM strategy
- Introduce e-library management and techniques
- The structure of e-library filing, indexing, storage and search
- Review documentation, document control and records management
- Sources and uses of information
- Legal environment
- Policies and standards
- Review guidelines for International Federation of Library Association (IFLA)
- ISO standards for e-library, documentation and document management
- Regulatory, compliance and legal considerations
- Documents vs. records
- Document lifecycle
- Design overview
- Creating e-library filing and documentation control policies and procedures
- Creating indexing and metadata, storage, archive and search systems and setting up security
- The cost of non-compliance
- Business processes and document flow
- Document capture; shared folders
- Capture models
- Classification and retrieval
- Extracting and using document content
- Document imaging vs. document management
- Interfacing and interoperability
- Access and control
- Audit trails
- Creating and working with new information
- Document creation
- Word templates vs. eForms
- Designing and deploying electronic forms
- Document distribution
- Workflow and business process modelling
- Technology options
- Review of IT e-library management systems
- Roles and responsibilities
- Project planning and implementation
- Developing an information strategy
- Selecting EDRMS
- Implementing EDRMS
All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
The participant must be conversant with English
Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park, in Nairobi.
Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
For any enquiry at: [email protected] or +254712260031