Venue : Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date : 04th – 08th June 2018
Emerging and re-emerging events with a potential to cause disease outbreak remain a constant threat to global health security. In most developing countries, public health workers & community health workers are supporting initiatives and programmes like polio eradication, onchocerciasis, guinea worm eradication, trachoma control, integrated community case management, maternal and child health integrated programme, and early warning and response to public health emergencies among others. In some countries structures are not functional or are still to be built to detect, prevent and respond to public health events.
Training course on Disease surveillance and Reporting is offered by IRES-ILDC with an aim of strengthening the national capacity for surveillance and control of public health events of national and international concern.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is intended for researchers, clinicians, public health professionals, epidemiologists, from public and private institutions who need to improve their skills on surveillance and reporting of public health related events and concerns.
In this training course participants will learn about surveillance of both infectious and noninfectious diseases, how a disease becomes notifiable, and how to establish and evaluate a surveillance system. The course will also explore how GIS is used to detect outbreaks of disease.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Introduction to disease surveillance
Introduction to surveillance system
Mapping for surveillance and outbreak investigation
Sources and methods of gathering surveillance data
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Course
- Installation, use and Maintenance of DHIS2 Course
- Installation, Use and Management of OPENHDS and ODK Course
- Nutrition and Food Safety Course
The most popular courses
- Causes and Minimization of Post-Harvest Losses Course
- Processing and Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Software) Course
- Mobile Data Collection for M&E using ODK and Kobo Toolbox Course
- Performance Based Budgeting Course
- Training Course on Microsoft Excel for Purchasing Professionals Course
- GIS Analysis for Health Sector Programmes Course
- Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process Course
- Communication and Presentation Skills Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected].
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B . 28 th May 2018 .
Send proof of payment to [email protected]