Tech for Development (T4D) would like to invite you to a high impact Training Course in CSPro for Android and Smartphones to be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 9th to 13th October September 2017
Venue: Tech for Development, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 9th to 13th October.
Course fee: KES 75,000 OR 1,100.
Online Registration: Register here
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WORKING IN:
Impact Evaluation, Monitoring and Evaluation, Academic Research, Market Research, Field Research, Agriculture, Health, Education, WASH, Handicapped, Human rights, Emergencies/disasters, Advocacy, Education, Environment, Small business development, Community development, Rural development, Women, Youth, Population, Rehabilitation, Culture, Capacity Building, Appropriate technology, Income, generation, Private sector, Refugees/displaced.
This course will focus on building CAPI (Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing) applications for enumeration using Android tablets and Smartphone’s’. Participants will learn about ways to adapt survey instruments to smaller screens, to ensure data quality through integrated data checks, and to control the user interface and program flow using logic programming. Participants will also learn to build tools for survey management, tracking, and data transfer.
The workshop focuses on processing a population census or demographic survey, but participants are encouraged to bring any questionnaire relevant to their job responsibilities. It will be conducted in a hands-on, product-oriented environment. Each participant will have exclusive use of a computer, a tablet or Smartphone, and will receive the latest version of the CSPro software.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for intermediate users of the Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) who currently use CSPro to implement CAPI or key from paper data processing systems and who desire a deeper understanding of techniques for implementing CAPI applications on Android. This course is not geared towards subject-matter specialists, though some may find it useful if they are heavily involved in CSPro data processing tasks. Ideally, participants will have fully processed at least one census or survey in CSPro and can easily write basic CSPro logic.
This course will focus on building CAPI (Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing) applications for enumeration using Android tablets and Smartphone’s’.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Designing CAPI applications in CSPro for Android
- Response validation using advanced logic programming
- Controlling the flow of CAPI applications
- Dynamic customization of questions, responses, and forms at runtime
- Capturing and using GPS coordinates
- Launching other Android applications to take pictures, view multimedia, and display maps
- Managing data flow for CAPI surveys
- Tracking enumerator progress and efficiency
- Creating menu and control systems for enumerators and supervisors
- Synchronization of program and data files between Android devices and Internet servers
- Peer to peer synchronization between Android devices in the field with no Internet connection
- Designing multi-lingual CAPI applications
This scheduled course can also be tailored for your organization. To find out how our tailor-made training can help your organization, call our team on Tel: +254 706909947, +25429166479.
How to participate
Register as individual.
- CSPro for Android and Smartphones. 9th to 13th October.
- CSPro for Android and Smartphones.6th to 10th November.
- CSPro for Android and Smartphones.4th to 8th December.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 706909947, +25429166479
Email [email protected]