CMMB South Sudan is seeking qualified suitable candidates for the following positions:
|JOB TITLE:||COVID-19 Technical Program Coordinator (1 post)|
|PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO:|
Catholic Medical Mission Board (CMMB) is an international developmental organization that believes in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all. We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities.
We believe change starts with her. We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more here www.cmmb.org.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy and will have strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people. We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
CMMB has been working in South Sudan for over 10 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
CMMB South Sudan is proactively involved in the Covid-19 emergency response in Western Equatoria, working closely with the State Ministry of Health and WHO led State Taskforce, and UN and INGO partners. CMMB South Sudan recently established triage facilities in the three hospitals in Yambio, Ezo and Nzara counties, and are currently setting up Isolation Centers in the three counties in partnership with the State level Task Force partners.
CMMB South Sudan therefore seeks a highly qualified and motivated Covid-19 Technical Program Coordinator to lead the Covid-19 Response Efforts in 3 counties of Western Equatoria, to finalize the planning and implementation of all components of the response efforts and facilitate a coherent approach in partnership with the respective State Taskforce, the Ministry of Health, WHO and the Rapid Response Teams .
Reporting to the Country Director, the Program Coordinator will attend relevant meetings, provide input and guidance to related guidelines, ensure effective coordination between the Covid-19 internal and external teams, ensure strict adherence to related SOPs and guidelines, preposition well prepared and trained frontline staff, ensure medical documentation meets acceptable professional standards, and develop efficient monitoring and reporting systems, to ensure high quality and safe patient care.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage Covid-19 preparedness and response activities alongside the relevant focal points and support teams within a given budget.
- Ensure all frontline staff are trained and well equipped with related SOPs and guidelines, equipment and supplies necessary to undertake their respective responsibilities
- Continuously supervise, monitor and evaluate the Covid-19 response program, ensuring strict adherence to the relevant SOPs and guidelines; standard delivery of care and treatment; availability and cost effective use of resources; a robust data collection, analysis and sharing of lessons learnt for relevant learning with relevant program staff and external partners.
- Design/strengthen/support quality assurance and improvement in PCI health programming including the development of standards and systems for quality improvement;
- Review and analyze strategic information / data and assist teams to utilize data to identify project gaps or areas for improvement;
- Request, procure, develop and/or adapt resources for use in the care and treatment of Covid-19 response interventions in the 3 counties;
- Ensure the safety of staff through adherence to the relevant protection
- In partnership with the State level Taskforce and Country office teams, foster evidence based learning and cross pollination of promising practices through sharing of information and facilitating good practices;
- Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as required internally and externally in adherence with the content and format, ensuring technical quality and timeliness.
- Safeguard the reputation of CMMB at all times through professional representation of the organization externally, in both oral and written presentations.
- Advanced Bachelors Degree in Public Health related field or a related higher qualification
- At least 5 years of Health Program Management experience; experience managing public health emergencies such as Ebola or Cholera within an NGO sector is an advantage.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to travel domestically (50%) to support field-based Managers in the other two counties .
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills, with ability to listen and speak effectively
- Ability to effectively communicate across cultures and partners, positively influencing and promoting effective partnerships and encouraging feedback.
- Experience and ability to take effective decisions at short notice ensuring the safety of staff and patients;
- Strong Organizational skills with ability to stay focused in
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with hands on approach and responsible delegation;
- Fluency in spoken and written English required, proficiency in Arabic a plus;
- Excellent IT Skills with a good command in all MS Office applications and spread sheet software.
- A passion for the mission and values of CMMB
How to apply
Please note this is a nine (9) months short term position that is subject to extension, depending on demand and financing. Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to [email protected] indicating position applied for on the subject line by 12 / July/ 2020 Shortlist can be done before closing date due to urgent need of the Position. Please include telephone and email contacts of 3 references and your daytime telephone/cell phone contact.
Please note that given the urgency to fill this position, CMMB will shortlist and interview before the deadline depending on the applications received. So, candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. A deputy position may also be selected from this advertisement in an attempt to have a full crew in post as soon as possible.
CMMB South Sudan promotes gender equality and encourages qualified female candidates to apply.
Candidates from outside the WES State will be required to quarantine for 14 days prior to travel and so they may have to start working remotely with the teams on the ground. CMMB will work with them to provide the required resources to make this possible.
Interested persons with the above qualifications should submit their application and CV to the following address:
CMMB Yambio Office
Human Resource Office
Gbudue Stadium Road, Block 9, Plot No.93,
Email address: [email protected] CMMB Juba Office
Juba Operations Office
Rahwa Building, plot 710 -3K, Kololo Juba,
Juba CE State, South Sudan
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.