JOB VACANCY: County Health Coordinator
AVSI Foundation is a global non-governmental organization with headquarters in Italy. Its mission is to support human development in developing countries according to the social teaching of the Catholic Church: recognizing the uniqueness of each person, who as such cannot be reduced to a number within an anonymous category such as “the poor, the sick, the disabled”. Furthermore, every person and every community represent a resource, regardless of their vulnerability. This is why AVSI works to help people in becoming aware of their own value and dignity. AVSI is operating in South Sudan since 2005, implementing medium to long-term sustainable health, education, water & sanitation, food security and emergency relief programmes.
The organisation is now seeking to recruit suitable qualified South Sudanese national only for the position of County Health Coordinator
Duty Station: Ikwotos County
Report to: Project Manager and Area Team Leader.
The County Health Coordinator will coordinate health and hygiene activities under the AVSI projects, contributing in implementing them and collaborating with the various stakeholders (Caritas Torit, GoSS) in order to improve the quality of primary and secondary health care services delivered by the County Health Department of Ikotos and by Isohe St. Teresa Missionary Hospital
• Participate to health coordination meetings at County, State and GoSS (Government of South Sudan) level.
• Carry out capacity building for the County Health Department in the daily management of activities and programs.
• Implement the Health and Nutrition project in collaboration with the Project Managers
• Keep good relationships with all relevant stakeholders like Caritas Torit Local Authorities, UN Agencies and other NGO’s.
• Provide direction and mentoring to the AVSI Health/Hygiene and Nutrition team in the development of plans and implementation of activities for each of the specific components of the primary health care programmes in line with GoSS policies.
• Supervise and support St. Theresa Missionary Hospital in integrated outreach activities, including EPI and vaccination campaigns in Lomohidang area, avoiding duplication/overlapping of activities.
• Supervision, plan, design and facilitate training of community health workers on dissemination of health and nutrition facts to the community.
• Train staff in accurate recording, compilation, analysis and reporting procedures; ensure accurate data collection and analysis.
• Conduct and monitor health/hygiene promotion campaigns in the primary schools where AVSI is operating, including HIV awareness and de-worming campaign.
• To carry-out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the supervisors.
• And any other duties assigned by the supervisors.
First & Second line Supervisor:
Project Manager & Area Team Leader
• Relevant higher education qualification (possibly bachelor degree)
• Experience in program management in the health sectors
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills
• Demonstrable strong leadership skills, ability to work in a complex team work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
• Good English language skills
• Should be able to travel to the project sites
Coaching, Supervision, Staffing, Project Management, Management Proficiency, Process Improvement and Performance Management
How to Apply:
Applications should include updated nonrefundable Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter. In the cover letter (of no more than two pages in length) the candidate should briefly describe his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience.
The above documents should be send in soft copy to [email protected], [email protected] only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing data: 4th March 2016
Due to the urgency of these roles, AVSI reserves the right to shortlist applications prior to the closing date