Intex Management Institute offers Online and Distance Learning Certificate Course in Monitoring & Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) :
Start Date: 11th September 2019
Course End Date: 11th November 2019
Registration Deadline: 10th September 2019
Monitoring & Evaluation Accountability and Learning
Monitoring represents an on-going activity to track project progress against planned tasks. Evaluation can be defines as a structured process of assessing the success of a project in meeting its goals and to reflect on the lessons learned An evaluation should be structured so that there is some thought and intent as to what is to be captured, how best to capture it, and what the analysis of the captured data will tell us about our program Therefore Monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) are a daily part of programmes management. They are the critical components to the success of all Projects, including those operating in fragile contexts. Without an effective MEAL system we would be unable to track progress, make adjustments, discover unplanned effects of programmes, or judge the impact that we have made on the lives of those with whom we are working. A MEAL system also helps us to be accountable to our stakeholders through information sharing and developing a complaints or feedback mechanism which can help to guide programme implementation.
The Aim of the Course:
This online and distance learning certificate -level course is comprehensive review of Monitoring , Evaluation Accountability and Learning as an important ingredient for effective project implementation .
- Monitoring and Evaluation as an integral component of the Project Planning and Implementation process
- Evaluation Types and Modules
- Monitoring and Evaluation tools
- Designing a Monitoring System
- Project MEAL plan and Focus
- Plan for Data Collection and Management
- Understanding the Target Audience
- Getting the MEAL message across
After completing the course the leaner will be able to:
- Identify tools and techniques to measure and report project/programme results to stakeholders, donors, funders, supervisors or the general public.
- Familiarize with the components of an effective monitoring, evaluation Accountability and Learning plan,
- Familiarize with methods and tools to conduct data collection, statistical analysis and reporting.
- To prepare the ground for undertaking monitoring and evaluation and analyzing the results.
- Understand the key components for effective MEAL through Results Based Monitoring and Evaluation in order to improve management performance and evidenced based decision making.
This is a cross-cutting programme designed for those who are involved or tasked with the design, implementation management and of monitoring, evaluation accountability and Learning of public and private programmes and other interventions. More specifically, the following people will find the course of value to: Researchers and consultants tasked with evaluation studies, M&E officers in government, industry and civil society organizations, Project managers in government research and planning units and directorates, NGO employees involved in social, health and educational research activities, Social policy analysts and advisers, Social science methodology lecturers, Other interested individuals from public and private sectors.
Course Organizers http://www.intexservices.co.ke/
Intex Management Institute was registered in 1983. We have been offering a wide range of Human Resource Management training programs both online and open workshops, building capacity to enhance effective service delivery for NGOs, CBOs, Public and Private sector.
We have trained and currently training participants from various organizations across Africa such as UNDP - Burundi, World Food Programme - Zimbabwe, SOS Children – Somalia, and specifically organization from South Sudan are State Ministry of Education, MEDAIR, Norwegian Refugee - Liberia, Zenab for Women Development, Action AID, Caritas, International Organization for Migration, International Committee of the Red Cross, UNHCR, Save the Children, Medical Corps, Peace Relief Development, World Vision, Action Against Hunger, UNICEF, Plan International, Norwegian Refugee Council, Johanniter International, Islamic Relief Worldwide, Peace Relief Development , AMREF, World Health Organization, USAID, International Committee of the Red Cross, Action Africa Help (AAH) International, Catholic Relief Services (CRS) just to mention but a few.
• All training materials will be availed through online or distance learning.
• You are expected to submit by weekly assignments via email
• You will receive feedback from our committed instructors.
• Learn at your own time schedule
• At the end of the course you will be issued with a certificate.
Course Duration : 8 weeks (2 months)
Target Region : Global
Course Fee : USD 300
Language : English