AVSI FOUNDATION JOB VACANCY: Admin/Logistic Support Officer (1)
AVSI Foundation is a global non-governmental organization with headquarters in Italy. Its mission is to support human development in developing countries according to the social teaching of the Catholic Church: recognizing the uniqueness of each person, who as such cannot be reduced to a number within an anonymous category such as “the poor, the sick, and the disabled”. Furthermore, every person and every community represent a resource, regardless of their vulnerability. This is why AVSI works to help people in becoming aware of their own value and dignity. AVSI is operating in South Sudan since 2005, implementing medium to long-term sustainable health, education, water & sanitation, food security and emergency relief programmes.
The organisation is now seeking to recruit suitable qualified South Sudanese National only for the position of Admin/Logistic Support Officer.
The Admin/Logistic Support Officer will assist the Field Logistic Manager and Administration in the general management of the AVSI office and the compound in Torit by following logistic operations and procedures and respecting all AVSI procedures.
Duty Station: Torit
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Keep accurate stock-cards of goods transiting (in and out) of AVSI Torit base and inform the supervisor of necessary purchases, when stocks are low (especially fuel, lubricants and other consumables).
• To support AVSI Logistic/Administration and Management in the administration and implementation of payments to vendors in the field base.
• Under the direction of Logistic Manager and AVSI management, count, release, register and follow up the distribution of commodities for the projects;
• Support maintaining an up –to-date AVSI SMDB of store inventories.
• To assist the organization of and logistic support to managerial trainings organized by AVSI in the framework of project implementation.
• Preparation of delivery notes for any items to be sent from AVSI stores to other locations in accordance with donor requirements while ensuring verifications during loading of trucks/AVSI cars.
• Administrative support in documentation (filings, scanning, collection of receipts, Bank statements etc.)
• Process Visas for international staff and monitor their expiry/renewal.
• Managing staff personnel files and follow up of time sheets with local staff.
• Make sure that all staff and vehicles respect AVSI security procedures especially for field’s movements.
• Implement purchase orders according to AVSI procedures, when requested
• Collect quotations and guarantee the proper storage of all relevant documents to trace order history, when requested
• Drive AVSI vehicles, when requested.
• Inform the supervisor of any necessary extraordinary maintenance works needed on the different AVSI compounds.
• Be the first contact for Compound Workers for any issues related to the compound.
• Maintain a flexible attitude towards teamwork and other assignments as dictated by circumstances/events or requested by Supervisors.
• To support other AVSI field base from remote and, whenever necessary, travel to the location for on-site support;
• Any other duties assigned by the Supervisors.
• Diploma or Higher Diploma in procurement and Logistics/Business Administration or related field.
• Working experience with an NGO or private sector will be an added advantage.
• At least 2-year Experience in Logistics Department.
• Competent in use of Microsoft applications especially Excel and Word, internet,
• Database management, and e-mail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good writing skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English with Arabic as an added advantage
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadline
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to drive and in possession of a valid driving license
• Proactive and takes initiative.
• Respect when dealing with others.
• Presentable, outgoing with a pleasant character
• Identify him/herself with the mission, vision and values of AVSI.
How to Apply:
Applications should include updated nonrefundable Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter. In the cover letter (of no more than two pages in length) the candidate should briefly describe his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience.
Please do not add additional documentation in this phase, not only will not be considered an advantage but as a sign of inability to follow guidelines.
The above documents can be delivered to any AVSI Office in the Country:
• Juba – Juba Raha Camp, Jubek State
• Torit – On Katire Road.
• Isohe – Next to St. Theresa Clinic.
Or send in soft copy to [email protected] or [email protected]
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 1st February 2018 Due to the urgency of these roles, AVSI reserves the right to shortlist applications prior to the closing date.