JOB VACANCY: Assistant Project Manager (I SEE Project)
AVSI Foundation is a global non-governmental organization with headquarters in Italy. Its mission is to support human development in developing countries according to the social teaching of the Catholic Church: recognizing the uniqueness of each person, who as such cannot be reduced to a number within an anonymous category such as “the poor, the sick, the disabled”. Furthermore, every person and every community represent a resource, regardless of their vulnerability. This is why AVSI works to help people in becoming aware of their own value and dignity. AVSI is operating in South Sudan since 2005, implementing medium to long-term sustainable health, education, water & sanitation, food security and emergency relief programmes.
The organisation is now seeking to recruit suitable qualified South Sudanese national for the position of Assistant Project Manager I SEE Project
Duty Station: Barghel, Lakes state.
The assistant project manager will contribute to carry out reconstruction activities in post-conflict South Sudan, by assisting the Project Coordinator in supervising the activities related to the Ireneo Dud Vocational Training Center (VTC)
• To assist the programme manager coordinating the activities, attend coordination meetings with local and national education authorities in South Sudan as well as with other humanitarian organizations;
• To assist the consultant during the market research;
• Assure the regular and efficient progress of the training program;
• Compile internal reports as requested by Supervisor
• To coordinate with the Technical Advisor of VTC
• To coordinate the community dialogue officers:
• To plan community dialogue contents;
• To lead community dialogues organization;
• To participate during the recruitment of the center staff (trainers for Life Skills Training and Vocational Training, support staff, etc.);
• Carry out personnel supervision, guidance and training sessions to AVSI centre staff;
• Set up a plan for selecting courses beneficiaries and the desired training courses, fixing the criteria and involving local communities in this process;
• To follow the VTC Productive Unit start up in collaboration of the agricultural officer;
• To support the agriculture officer during the set-up of the activity of the Farmer Field School;
• Any other duty assigned to the supervisor
First & second supervisors:
Project Manager & Area Team Leader
• Degree or higher diploma in social studies/project management/business administration.
• At least three years relevant experience in Project management
• Knowledge of computer operation skills is essential.
• Willingness and ability to live and work in a rural environment
• Ability to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent communication and written communication skills;
• Proactive and takes initiative.
• Respect when dealing with others.
• Presentable, outgoing with a pleasant character
• Identify him/herself with the mission, vision and values of AVSI.
How to Apply:
Applications should include updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), copy of your National ID and cover letter. In the cover letter (of no more than two pages in length) the candidate should briefly describe his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience.
The above documents can be delivered to:
• Bahrgel, Office at Ireneo Dud VTC, Cueibet County
Or send in soft copy to [email protected] and copy to [email protected]
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS May 5th 2016
Due to the urgency of these roles, AVSI reserves the right to shortlist applications prior to the closing date.