As natural resource managers—biologists, botanists, ecologists, environmental regulators, hydrologists, planners, miners, petroleum engineers, foresters, and farmers—you rely on the analytical power of GIS for help in making critical decisions as you manage the earth’s resources.
There is no simple answer to our environmental and natural resource concerns, but whether you are restoring habitats, planting crops, drilling for oil, or monitoring endangered species there is increasing optimism that the application of GIS tools will help us become a more sustainable planet.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Biologists, botanists, ecologists, Foresters, NGO staff, Government officials in environment and conservation, environmental regulators, hydrologists, planners, miners, petroleum engineers, foresters, and farmers.
The hub of the course is the application of geoinformation and earth observation techniques in support of natural resources management. The course provides participants with knowledge and skills needed for the collection, interpretation, and management of spatial information, using remote sensing and geographic information systems, to support planning and decision-making processes in natural resources management. The curriculum concentrates on methods for assessing the state of the resource base and the changes that occur and progresses to the assessment of impacts and, finally, societal response.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction to GIS and Remote sensing and its relation to Natural Resource Management
- Collection of GIS data for NRM
- Analysis of the data collected
- Ground verification of data
- Application of GIS on:
- Watershed management
- To combat Desertification
- Determination of soil types and moisture content
- Land use analysis using GIS
- Slope information identification and analysis
- Application of GIS and RS in Biodiversity Management
- Management of Flora and Fauna
- Conservation Biology and GIS
- Ecotourism and Community-based nature conservation
- Protected area management and conflict resolution
- Biodiversity conservation & eco-tourism
- Habitat Characterization and Management
- Wildlife economics and value chain
- Ecotourism planning, & entrepreneurship
- Landscape ecology, culture diversity & eco-tourism
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +254 (0) 739167709.
Email: training @versedpro.com
You can also register for the training online