FineResults Research Services would like to invite you to high impact training on Agricultural Policy Framework for Development Course to be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 2 nd -6th March 2020
Course Name: Agricultural Policy Framework for Development Course
Venue: FineResults Research, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 2 nd -6th March 2020
Course Fee : KES 65000 or USD 800
Online Registration : REGISTER HERE
A policy is a course of action adopted or proposed by government, party, business, or individual. Policies outline what a government, a party, business or an individual aims to achieve for society as a whole. In agriculture, policies set the framework for action and thus provide guidance to the whole system. Policies are generated from laws of the country. Agricultural policies are largely on financing, production, marketing and provision of extension services all aimed at enhancing development and sustainability of agricultural sector. This 5 Days course aim to equip participants with an understanding of the agricultural policy environment, the policy formulation process, and the role, rationale and economic consequences of government intervention in agriculture.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various actors in the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials, and policymakers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Research organizations, non-government organizations, small and medium enterprises for agricultural development, and anyone who wants to learn more about policy formulation and implementation in agriculture.
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Demonstrate practical applications of policy analysis related to agricultural sector
- Discuss the economic and political feasibility of policy changes and instruments in the agriculture value chain.
- Develop the ability to think critically about the need for policies and policy reforms in agriculture
- Identify and analyze how public policy and firm decisions affect delivery of services in agriculture, agribusiness, market, and society
- Recognize policy related problems and anticipate opportunities available in the market
- Write concise summaries of policies affecting the agricultural and food sectors, and argue orally its implications
- Conduct a cost benefit analysis using various policy instruments and programs.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Module 1: Introduction to agricultural policies
- Introduction to different types of policies in agriculture
- Why interest in agricultural policies
- Policy formulation process
Module 2. Structure of Agriculture and Agricultural Policies
- Models for Policy Analysis
- Tools for policy Analysis
- Current issues in agricultural policy.
- Agricultural policy instruments.
- Domestic market policies.
- Developed and developing countries agricultural policies
- Human health and nutrition policies.
- Policy regulation of cash crops
- Policy for quality and standards of agricultural produce
- Policy for Traceability and phytosanitary standards in agricultural produce targeting the export market
Module 5: Analysis of various agricultural policy documents
- Conducting cost benefit analyses using various policy instruments and programs
- Practical activity on analyzing the objective of policies and crucial areas of policies that have impact on the intended beneficiaries
NB: We are offering you a half day, fun and interactive team building event!
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can also have it delivered your preferred location.
Contact us through Mobile: +254 732 776 700 / +254 759 285 295 or Email: [email protected]
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. During the trainings, participants should come with their own laptops.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us through Mobile: +254 732 776 700 / +254 759 285 295 or Email: [email protected]
Payment should be transferred to FineResults Research Services Limited bank before commencement of training. Send proof of payment through the email: [email protected]
How to participate
Email: [email protected]
TEL: +254 732 776 700 / +254 759 285 295
Visit our face book page
Visit our linkedin page
Visit our twitter account