Event: Advocacy and Lobbying skills
The training course suggests a framework for identifying policy goals, creating a plan of action, and effectively building your case for change. We have presented these concepts to you in a certain sequence. However, you may want to think of these ideas as building blocks that can be used as you find you need them. Advocacy rarely unfolds the same way twice and there is an element of unpre-dictability to advocacy that makes it both a challenging and an exciting approach to solving problems.
For whom the course is relevant
This course is relevant to all Board members, Secretary-Generals, Policy Officers, Key volunteers involved in external representation and all people who would like to advance their skills in advocacy and Lobbying
• Understand why advocacy and lobbying are important.
• Identify your targets and your partners and learn how to approach your target group.
• Identify your objectives and plan how to reach them.
• Explore various channels of advocacy and tools to reach your objectives.
• Create a realistic approach and structure for an advocacy process your organization can deliver.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training centre or at a convenient location.
How to participate.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Email [email protected]