Water is a key driver of economic and social development while it has a basic function in maintaining the integrity of the natural environment. Managers whether in government or private sectors have to make difficult decisions to apportion the diminishing water supplies with the ever increasing demands. Drivers such as demographic and climatic changes further increase stress on water resources. The traditional fragmented approach is no longer viable and a more holistic approach to water management is essential. This training is therefore designed to aid in management of water resources in a more efficient, equitable and sustainable ways.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Learn basic concepts in water resource management.
- Gain skills in participatory water management approach.
- Gain skills on water quality, its components and interventions.
- Understand the causes of water resource conflicts and resolution measures.
- Gain skills on water supply waste management techniques.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Basic concepts in water resources management
- Water Supply and Waste Management
- Water quality management
- Participatory Watershed Management
- Water resource use conflict management
ONLINE REGISTRATION AND EVENT MORE DETAILS