GIS is a computer system capable of assembling, storing, manipulating and displaying geographically referenced information, i.e. data identified according to their locations. This training will present a practical guide for using a geographic information system (GIS) integrated with Monitoring and Evaluation.
The integration of GIS in monitoring and Evaluation makes it possible to link, or integrate information that is difficult to associate through any other means. With GIS M&E/Researchers are able to use combinations of mapped variables to build and analyze new variables. Presenting data in the form of a map helps to understand the significance of where, when, and by whom.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is designed for representatives from government, project teams, NGOs, multi and bi-lateral development organizations, consultancies, etc, that are typically employed as project managers and directors, M&E specialists, technical specialists, and researchers.
The training will enable participants to;
• Understand Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Systems.
• Understand key concepts in M&E and GIS.
• Learn how to developing an M&E-GIS System
• Learn about the working of M&E information management systems
• Learn how to collect data using mobile phones and GPS
• Learn how to integrate exiting M&E data with GIS
• Learn how to analyze and visualize M&E data with the aid of GIS techniques
• Learn how to integrate GIS into M&E activities.
EVENT FEE AND REGISTRATION
The training event fee is USD 1050. This caters for Facilitation, 2 Refreshment breaks (Morning and Afternoon Snack) and Buffet Lunch during the entire training period.
This fee does not cover accommodation and travel logistics. We can organize for your Accommodation and Airport pick up at an Extra cost.
To Register Online for this course click on this link (REGISTER ONLINE).