This course offers an introduction to GIS and how it is used in public health and epidemiological research. It will introduce participants to the basics including: working with and integrating spatial and non-spatial data; geographic scale and spatial precision; decoding; visualization; thematic mapping; and understanding spatial relationships. Specific skills and tools will be introduced in relation to assessing exposure to a range of environmental risks, and a particular focus will be given to methods for spatial linkage of exposure, contextual and confounder information for epidemiological or health risk assessment studies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Public health practitioners, epidemiologists, exposure scientists, quantitative health geographers, risk assessors, students.
By the end of this course, the learner will - within a public health context - be able to:
• Understand the basics of spatial data and its role in decision making
• Undertake spatial analysis of environment and health data
• Explain why geographic data and tools are important for health decision makers
• Understand geography as a unifying framework and GIS as a tool to collect, link, analyze, visualize, manage, and share data and information
• Distinguish between the different tools used to collect, analyze, and manipulate geographic data
• Communicate with technical specialists to develop program-specific geographic products Work with and integrate spatial and non-spatial data
• Integrate data of different geographic scales and spatial precision
• Geocode and visualise spatial data
• Investigate spatial patterns of health risks and disease rates
• Produce thematic maps and reports
Full Course Details about GIS for Health Sector Programme Management Training
EVENT FEE AND REGISTRATION
The training event fee is USD 1050. This caters for Facilitation, 2 Refreshment breaks (Morning and Afternoon Snack) and Buffet Lunch during the entire training period.
This fee does not cover accommodation and travel logistics. We can organize for your Accommodation and Airport pick up at an Extra cost.
To Register Online for this course click on this link (REGISTER ONLINE).