The main purpose of the course is to enhance the capabilities of technical staff involved in Food Security Analysis, climate analysis & agriculture by providing them with an understanding on the use of spatial and Earth Observation (EO) information as a tool to integrate knowledge about climate change, agriculture and food security in a meaningful and innovative way.
QGIS, SAGA GIS
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the basic concepts of GIS and Remote Sensing
• Understand concepts and main frameworks in Food Security Analysis
• Understand concepts and main frameworks in Climate Change Analysis
• Understand concepts and main frameworks in Agriculture
• Understand the relationship between climate change, agriculture and food security
• Apply GIS and Remote Sensing as Decision support tool for Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS).
• Use GIS information in planning FS interventions through spatial multi-criteria analysis
• Assess spatial data availability and understand the importance of spatial data infrastructure (SDI), for data sharing by organizations involved in CCAFS
• Apply GIS and RS for designing implementations of large scale early warning systems
• Use participatory GIS (PGIS) tools during assessments at community level
• Apply remote sensing data and image processing techniques to monitor select CCAFS indicators
• Use mobile phones to gather data during field assessments/surveys
• Design and implement their own GIS projects that integrate remote sensing data and GPS-based field information
View GIS and Earth Observation Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Email [email protected]