GIS and Remote Sensing in Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change Course
The main purpose of the course is to enhance the capabilities of technical staff involved in Food Security Analysis, climate analysis & agriculture by providing them with an understanding on the use of spatial and Earth Observation (EO) information as a tool to integrate knowledge about climate change, agriculture and food security in a meaningful and innovative way.
QGIS, SAGA GIS
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the basic concepts of GIS and Remote Sensing
• Understand concepts and main frameworks in Food Security Analysis
• Understand concepts and main frameworks in Climate Change Analysis
• Understand concepts and main frameworks in Agriculture
• Understand the relationship between climate change, agriculture and food security
• Apply GIS and Remote Sensing as Decision support tool for Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS).
• Use GIS information in planning FS interventions through spatial multi-criteria analysis
• Assess spatial data availability and understand the importance of spatial data infrastructure (SDI), for data sharing by organizations involved in CCAFS
• Apply GIS and RS for designing implementations of large scale early warning systems
• Use participatory GIS (PGIS) tools during assessments at community level
• Apply remote sensing data and image processing techniques to monitor select CCAFS indicators
• Use mobile phones to gather data during field assessments/surveys
• Design and implement their own GIS projects that integrate remote sensing data and GPS-based field information
How to participate
Tailor Made Training
View GIS and Earth Observation Institute Course Catalogue
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.
Email [email protected]